Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread
(01-03-2016, 04:07 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Saw this at the store. Who knew you could make soup from a cock. Could not bring myself to buy it.

[Image: cock1_zpsyhozxewc.jpg]
You can make this homemade but it hurts like hell stirring it to a boil.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(01-03-2016, 03:07 PM)Cutz Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 01:48 PM)sally Wrote: Friendly is waving hi to your neighbors and maybe giving them a tin of cookies for Christmas, not chopping up their fucking Christmas tree in the middle of the night.

Middle of the night? She didn't get up till noon. A neighbor could have chopped up a tree, cleaned the gutters, touched up the shutters, and fixed her gate by the time she'd notice. Some people like their neighborhood to look clean.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

I'm gonna leave my ratty old tree outside my house the first morning I'm back home.

With my luck though, they'll be three more there by noon the next day and my garage door will be tagged again.

On second thought...
(01-03-2016, 05:53 PM)Donovan Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 04:07 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Saw this at the store. Who knew you could make soup from a cock. Could not bring myself to buy it.

[Image: cock1_zpsyhozxewc.jpg]
You can make this homemade but it hurts like hell stirring it to a boil.

hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-03-2016, 03:22 PM)sally Wrote: I suppose you're right. The old lazy bat is trashing up the whole fucking neighborhood.

hah Hoarders. Actually, I did a hell of a job putting up all the Christmas decorations and cleaning up the garage today. I could fit a car in there right now. I give it about a week before it's a wreck again though.

If I were to cut up someone's tree for them in good deed fashion, I'd at least leave a note (even if it were anonymous or signed the "tree elf") just to take away a bit of the creep factor but whatever. I've lived here 20 years and always take my tree out front (sometimes for a couple of days) until I have time to chop it up to fit in the waste can. If one of the numbers did it, it would be surprising after all this time. But whatever...if they were out to kill me, I don't think they'd say "hey, before I kill that family, I'm going to chop up their tree and put it in the waste bin for them". No logic in that.
Commando Cunt Queen
You have to chop up your Christmas tree before the garbage men will take it? I just leave mine intact at the end of my driveway and they take the whole thing. Well damn, I guess you should consider yourself lucky. Hell if I'm going to chop my tree up every year so the trash guys will take it. I'd have to think about investing in a fake one.
Now that I know you have to chop up your tree it makes more sense that a friendly neighbor did it while they were probably already chopping their own tree. I thought some lunatic just came in your yard and hacked your tree up for the fuck of it. I've seriously never heard of having to cut up your Christmas tree for waste management to take it.

I've never done this because I live in the countryside but in town the town workers pick up your tree from the curb, take it back to the town yard and put it through the shredder where it is turned into mulch.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

HotD, my star shower laser lights came and they don't work. So bummed. :(
(01-04-2016, 06:43 AM)Duchess Wrote:

HotD, my star shower laser lights came and they don't work. So bummed. :(

I thought mine weren't working at first, but I wasn't using the light switch correctly and the instructions were vague.

Press to the left for green/red, press to the right for green, and middle is off. I was trying to slide the button to different positions instead of pressing down.

If you already did that and they're still not turning on, that really sucks. I hope you can get new ones. I think they'd look great over a pool.
(01-04-2016, 10:32 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Press to the left for green/red, press to the right for green, and middle is off. I was trying to slide the button to different positions instead of pressing down.

I'll try that when it gets dark. The very first night I waited for it to get dark and they came on but they were half assed intermittent, they flashed every nano second. I fiddled with them but didn't have any success. Thanks for the tip!

Didn't work. Balls of fire :(

I know someone who is getting a puppy. By her own admission she is away from home for about 12 hrs. a day and she intends to keep it in a kennel during that time. I stopped short of calling her a twat. Don't get a dog if you haven't got the time to invest in it. Now I think she's a goddamn moron.
She is. That's plain cruel.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-05-2016, 06:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Didn't work. Balls of fire :(

I know someone who is getting a puppy. By her own admission she is away from home for about 12 hrs. a day and she intends to keep it in a kennel during that time. I stopped short of calling her a twat. Don't get a dog if you haven't got the time to invest in it. Now I think she's a goddamn moron.

I agree with that Duch. If you don't have the time don't make the dog do the time.
Our newest fur baby came from Miami/Dade and must have ben one of those dogs. I don't think it ever got to see the outside of the apartment it lived in and must have ben left alone a lot. I also think it got beat when the owner got home and see it made a mess on the floor. I say that because it took us almost a year to get her straightened out where she would go outside instead of on the puppy pad. She would go outside, run around, come back in and go on that pad. She would also freak out as soon as we got home if we left for a couple hours. Jumping around, yelping . As soon as we tried to pet her she would cower down and piss herself.
She is better now but damn, the poor girl must have had a horrible life that first year on this earth. Piss poor owner, Kill shelter, transport in a van/cage with 15 other dogs 12 way across the country, non kill shelter and then to us.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I don't keep my stinking rabbits in their cage for 12 hours at a time, that's too long. You should have told her that's too long to keep the dog locked up, I'm sure she would have understood and reconsidered.
(01-05-2016, 07:45 PM)sally Wrote: You should have told her that's too long to keep the dog locked up, I'm sure she would have understood and reconsidered.

I gave her the whole spiel. I started off nicely because I thought she didn't know any better but how could you not for fucksake. It was all about her and her desire for a dog and nothing about what she would be doing to a puppy. I became irate when she continued to make it about herself and her wants. This shit pisses me off. I really cannot stand it when people are not responsible pet owners.
(01-05-2016, 08:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 07:45 PM)sally Wrote: You should have told her that's too long to keep the dog locked up, I'm sure she would have understood and reconsidered.

I gave her the whole spiel. I started off nicely because I thought she didn't know any better but how could you not for fucksake. It was all about her and her desire for a dog and nothing about what she would be doing to a puppy. I became irate when she continued to make it about herself and her wants. This shit pisses me off. I really cannot stand it when people are not responsible pet owners.

There are usually some doggie day care places around that will board your dog. They have play area where they can play with other dogs.....A Vet should be able to recommend a place or look on internet. This may be problem if she is gone 12 hours, though as you have to pick up your dog at end of work day. In my working career, I was also gone 12 hours a day due to 40 mile commute in Black Hills. I got another dog to keep my dog company and they had a good time......drove me crazy but I didn't want to leave one dog alone that long.
Yeah, daycare is absolutely fine. I thought that's what she meant when you first brought it up. My wife and I have a puppy that's a terror. She was able to come home at noon the first month, so we just kept the two dogs in the kitchen. Then she had a month off while she changed jobs, and then I was on winter break. Tomorrow I start back in classes and her new job is farther with really long hours. So we're day caring for a while. He's 6 months old now, but still can't hold his bladder that long during the day. Plus he escapes the kitchen very well. I'm gone from 8-5, so it's not quite 12 hours, but that puppy stage is quite a long period of time, so it's tough to work around work schedules.

And if you think adopting a dog is a better route, you're nuts. Every adopted dog has problems. They've been abused and badly trained, and they're never right again. Sure it may make you warm and fuzzy to save/shelter them, but they'll never act right around other dogs, never learn not to be scared or anxious or defensive or whatever. And that's how your cousin's shitzu gets its eye torn out when they come to stay with you for a weekend. I don't need to fix someone else's abused dog.

I fully intend to hassle that bitch every time I come in contact with her. The next time I see her I am going to ask her about walking the dog after she returns home after 12 hours away. She's already bitchin' about how cold it is and her dislike of being out in it. If I knew who the breeder is I would stick my nose so far into her business it would be a goddamn blockade.

I would only be this insufferable when an animal is involved. I don't normally involve myself in the business of others simply because I don't care but I care a lot about the animals.
Ask her who the breeder is. Call them and tell them the deal.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
My stupid sister did the same thing except she didn't just get one dog, she got two Siberian husky puppies. Then she kept them in their crates all day long and when she finally let them out at night they were bouncing off the walls from not getting any exercise all day. I mean going crazy, jumping on everyone and scratching them up, running around in circles barking and knocking everything off the shelves. Fucking stupid.

And this was from the time they were puppies until they were fully grown. The crate is only a temporary thing until you get them fully trained and then you have to take them for a long walk or jog before you put them in there.