Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Display
Ok all you fancy smancy folks, I have a question. How would you go about displaying these 24 k gold dipped roses?
I have ben buying these damn things for my OL for years now and all they ever do is sit in the boxes they came in. So my cave man ass decided, Ugh, me want to show , must hang on wall of cave and look pretty. Well with that thought I tried to figure out how to display them. Since they are odd size and shape, the light bulb turns on and I think, how do you hang tools? Well on a peg board of coarse. So a few dry wall screws, a 2x4 peg board and a box of hooks and Whammo. But now I look at it and think, that looks like it belongs in a garage, not a house. So I am at a stand still trying to figure out how to make a nice display rack for these $60.00 a piece pain in the asses.
Anyone have any ideas?

[Image: Roses%20005_zpswzjnhfz2.jpg]
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
You could paint the peg board to dress it up a bit, F.U.

Or, put them in a nice crystal or ceramic vase on a side table, or in individual vases.

I think this looks kinda cool.

[Image: 480_24k_multi_colored_roses_9_.jpg]
(01-19-2016, 06:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You could paint the peg board to dress it up a bit, F.U.

Or, put them in a nice crystal or ceramic vase on a side table, or in individual vases.

I think this looks kinda cool.

[Image: 480_24k_multi_colored_roses_9_.jpg]

I do like those triple "vases" . I will have to see if our wholesaler has access to them.

The paint Idea made me think of covering the peg board in silk or something like that. I could always punch the hooks through the silk to install them. I could paint the hooks also to dress them up a bit.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

I like the idea of a vase more than I do pegboard. Get rid of the pegboard, FU.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think I would go with a glass fronted display box to keep them dust free. They are pretty fragile and may not take to getting dusted very often
If you want to hang them F.U., you could use collectible spoon displays with notched holders.

There are all different styles and they're easy to paint; here's a vintage style one for example.

[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgstuE0FfGAN1R1jiOE...Q&usqp=CAE]

You might need to take out one of the holder rows, but that would probably be easy.
Great ideas. I thought about a display box Six. I also thought, instead of dusting I can use air duster. These might look fragile but they are actually pretty heavy. The gold layer really beefs them up.
What ever I do it will need to have room for expansion. I usually get her 3 a year so I will need room to grow.
I like the vases. The peg board not so much. I think a nice curio cabinet would be pretty too.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
We have a real nice 1 inch thick Oak display cabinet at our other house, but for some reason it is filled with cat nick knacks and other crap. I am in the process of selling that house and don't have room here for it , so it looks like it will be put in storage until I build the new place or add on to this place here at the lake.
Oh oh, I got it. Keep the peg board, cover it in velvet, use shelving hooks that hold a 6 inch shelf and then use the vases on the shelf's . No? crap, I thought I had it. Hahaha
If you have the room, and other things to display, maybe go for one of these. A friend has one, and it is really nice, as you can see things from all sides. I think you can get one with a mirrored back too.

[Image: Glass_Display_Oak_Case.jpg]

Are you serious about velvet on pegboard?
You could stick them up your ass and fart "here comes the bride" at the next wedding you go to. Smiley_emoticons_razz
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-20-2016, 02:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Are you serious about velvet on pegboard?

No, the humor didn't come through in that post.
(01-20-2016, 05:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: You could stick them up your ass and fart "here comes the bride" at the next wedding you go to. Smiley_emoticons_razz

Thorns, ouch.
Just "place" them there goofball.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-20-2016, 05:20 PM)Maggot Wrote: Just "place" them there goofball.

16 of them? Place? I am a fat ass, but not that fat.
(01-20-2016, 05:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: You could stick them up your ass and fart "here comes the bride" at the next wedding you go to. Smiley_emoticons_razz

hah
(01-19-2016, 06:49 PM)F.U. Wrote: What ever I do it will need to have room for expansion. I usually get her 3 a year so I will need room to grow.

Put them in your gun barrels, that should be plenty of room to grow since you have like 5000 of them.

Why don't you ask your wife what she would like to do with them. You know since they're her roses and all. Personally I'd like them in a glass vase. I think the peg board is awful and even worse if you cover it in freaking velvet or silk. Don't quit your day job to be an interior decorator.
Another thing you could do is get wall mounted vases. Something like this.

[Image: mm_zpstevi8spj.png]

[Image: hhhhh_zpst8jauzn5.jpg]

Just get rid of that damn pegboard.