Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you eat daily?
Cooking food for my family takes up a lot of my time with both cooking and cleaning up afterwards. I'm really sick of worrying about what everyone is going to eat. Well except for the four year old, I have to feed her.

Do you make big meals every night or does everyone just fend for themselves with something simple?
My wife does what you do.
Just me and the GF, I cook big on the weekends most of the time and we have excellent leftovers the rest of the week, grab and growl mostly due to my weird schedule. Sometimes she or I will actually cook during the week. Sometimes her 87 yr old mother brings food over, like we are not capable of feeding ourselves, LOL. On the plus side, she is an Excellent cook
We eat what the kitchen makes!
Just 2 of us here too and I don't do leftovers. Any un eaten food goes straight to the trash can. Cooking for two in such small batches is a PITA. So usually we eat out. Probably 5 days a week we eat bar food. Yea, I know, no wonder you are fat.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
(02-05-2016, 09:37 AM)F.U. Wrote: Just 2 of us here too and I don't do leftovers. Any un eaten food goes straight to the trash can. Cooking for two in such small batches is a PITA. So usually we eat out. Probably 5 days a week we eat bar food. Yea, I know, no wonder you are fat.

Why don't you eat leftovers? Spaghetti sauce th next day is sometimes better than when I first make it. It's very wasteful to throw leftovers out.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(02-05-2016, 10:22 AM)ramseycat Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 09:37 AM)F.U. Wrote: Just 2 of us here too and I don't do leftovers. Any un eaten food goes straight to the trash can. Cooking for two in such small batches is a PITA. So usually we eat out. Probably 5 days a week we eat bar food. Yea, I know, no wonder you are fat.

Why don't you eat leftovers? Spaghetti sauce th next day is sometimes better than when I first make it. It's very wasteful to throw leftovers out.

I just don't do leftovers, well that is except for pizza. Cold pizza is the shit ! I just don't want them in my frig. I wont eat them, so why keep them?
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I eat a bowl of shredded wheat every morning. I get on Mock and sometimes the milk dribbles down my chin because I'm half awake and half naked as I check to see if aussiebitch got laid or not. It truly means a lot to me as that cantankerous floosy certainly needs it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-04-2016, 11:13 PM)sally Wrote: Do you make big meals every night or does everyone just fend for themselves with something simple?

I often sacrifice a large barnyard animal that will feed people for days. Turkey, ham, pork loin, etc. I also will make a big pot of meatballs (and sausage) and have subs and then have it another day over pasta. I lurve antipasto and almost always have that in my fridge.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-05-2016, 11:48 AM)Maggot Wrote: I get on Mock and sometimes the milk dribbles down my chin because I'm half awake and half naked

I see you very early almost every morning and that ^^^^^ is going to be the vision in my head from now on. hah
(02-04-2016, 11:13 PM)sally Wrote: Do you make big meals every night or does everyone just fend for themselves with something simple?

Right now, I'd gnaw on your arm.

Mo sends hugs & kisses btw. I tracked him down a world away because I was worried about him. Not kidding. He probably thinks I'm a crazy person now.
Breakfast cereal companies are in financial trouble because millenials don't want to "clean up after they eat it." How about trying to lower the price on those processed grains you're trying to sugar coat and hit the consumer for 5 times what it costs you to produce?
Now that I'm doing the bulk of the cooking our meals are more balanced but I only cook when all are present. Kids are little savages and deserve onlynuggets and macaroni and cheese. Anythi,g complex is a waste and a headache watching them bitch about whatever you cooked.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(02-25-2016, 02:09 PM)Donovan Wrote: Now that I'm doing the bulk of the cooking our meals are more balanced but I only cook when all are present. Kids are little savages and deserve onlynuggets and macaroni and cheese. Anythi,g complex is a waste and a headache watching them bitch about whatever you cooked.
This has never been an issue for me. Probably because my kids knew all they were getting was what I put on the table and regardless if they bitched about it or not, they still had to put away the leftovers and do the dishes.
I eat a little bag of Famous Amos mini Chocolate Chip cookies every workday morning...for years!
(02-25-2016, 03:45 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(02-25-2016, 02:09 PM)Donovan Wrote: Now that I'm doing the bulk of the cooking our meals are more balanced but I only cook when all are present. Kids are little savages and deserve onlynuggets and macaroni and cheese. Anythi,g complex is a waste and a headache watching them bitch about whatever you cooked.
This has never been an issue for me. Probably because my kids knew all they were getting was what I put on the table and regardless if they bitched about it or not, they still had to put away the leftovers and do the dishes.

Never was a problem with mine either, but these other ones didn't have that early training. Lot of reprogramming to go on.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(02-25-2016, 06:52 PM)Donovan Wrote: Never was a problem with mine either, but these other ones didn't have that early training. Lot of reprogramming to go on.

You know how to fix that real quick, just don't offer them anything else to eat or have any kid friendly food in the house. Then you don't have to worry whether they like it or not because no one has ever starved to death just because they didn't approve of the food that was served. They'll succumb to the evil salmon and broccoli before they die of hunger.
Yeah but mom/grandma has zero backbone for it. Last night, made French cut green beans, no frills, salt and butter. One single spoon on each plate and the 12 yr old practically shits himself, doesn't eat a drop. Five year old too. She never said a word, just let them throw it out.So I make it, I provide the opportunity, but fuck if I'm gonna engage a battle I can't win.

It's usually just two of us here and the kid is working 4 nights a week now; on those nights we fend for ourselves. On one or two of the other nights, I cook and really enjoy it. But, I'd probably get tired of cooking and cleaning up if I did it every night too.

These days, I'm doing lots of salads, chicken, fish, vegetables and rarely any take out. For the last couple of days I've been craving an Indian pizza though (if you've never had Indian pizza, it's my favorite by far, and I'm a pizza lover).
I've never heard of Indian pizza. What makes it different from regular pizza, is it on naan bread?

I like Indian food, but my sil is here visiting from Dubai and today she was telling me about how Giardia disease is rampant there especially from eating at the indian restaurants. People aren't big on hand washing over there and everyone washes their ass in bidets instead of toilet paper in the restrooms. So there is shitty pissy water everywhere in the bathrooms and the women get it all over the bottom of their dresses. So I'm a little turned off by Indian food at the moment. Although I'd probably still eat an indian pizza.