Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales of the Pressure Cooker
Well, I got this pressure cooker from Mr. Bee a few weeks back. The kind you use on the stove top..with the jingly cap on the top. Today I am giving it it's third go with a pot roast recipe. I have already done chili and beef & potatoes. I found with the beef & taters my only real mistake was slicing the carrots too small, and they kind of disappeared into the gravy. But that was OK because we could still taste them.
The chili was kind of meh, but OK. So, hope the pot roast turns out OK. First step is cooking the beef, onions and liquid for 30 minutes. Then I have to fast cool it under the faucet, open 'er up and put in the potatoes, carrots and sweet pepper. Gonna add mushrooms too, because I can.

I think Sally got one for Christmas.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That sounds delicious!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Turned out good, but a bit tasteless. I think next time make it, I will add a packet of onion soup mix like I do in the crockpot. Plus I cooked it too long for the size of the meat, it broke up a bit too much. But still tasted OK, though gutless.
How many gallons is it? I want to get one but want a big one.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-07-2016, 06:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: How many gallons is it? I want to get one but want a big one.

It is a 6 Quart. I think if you want bigger, you will have to go electric, rather than stovetop