Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
It's not true that everyone on the left (or the right) 'hates' people with whom they fundamentally disagree ideologically or politically. That's a bias-driven false assertion which devalues diversity, discourages healthy debate, and minimizes everyone who doesn't agree with you.

There are plenty of U.S. citizens and some elected representatives who prefer to evaluate people and issues holistically on a case-by-case basis (though that does seem less common these days).

The majority of the country supports Roe v. Wade and a woman's right to choose, including some people who would never elect to have an abortion themselves. The majority of the country also believes that no one is above the law at anytime, including the President.

I think it's important that Kavanaugh's positions and judgments on those key issues are being questioned by the Republican, Democrat and Independent senators in a public forum before voting on whether he'll be sitting on the highest court in the country for life.

Having said that, I suspect that all the Republican senators will vote in favor of Kavanaugh and almost all the Democrat senators will vote against him. The Republicans have the numbers and he'll ultimately be confirmed. But, for me, that doesn't render the pre-vote vetting and debate meaningless.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-05-2018, 12:03 PM