Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
Absence hard evidence, Kavanaugh's SCOTUS viability will likely be determined by the judgments of millions of individuals in the court of public opinion and how most of the voting senators believe it will affect their careers, in my opinion.

I think it makes sense to have the FBI or an independent investigator go back and look into Kavanaugh's relationships with women specifically -- deeper and more focused background screen. If there's nothing there and the allegation by Ford is an isolated incident, then the conservatives and objective viewers can feel more confident about his qualifications. If additional concerning background is uncovered, then the President has the option to pull his nomination or leave it to the senate to decide.

I don't see how taking a couple of weeks to look into it could be viewed as an effective 'delay tactic' by the Dems. The Supreme Court is able to decide cases now and until the next SCOTUS judge is confirmed. We went a full year minus a judge after Justice Scalia died.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-18-2018, 08:49 PM