Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
Yes, we all know that polygraphs are not infallible. If they were, they would be admissible in courts of law and my opinion would not be that Ford is 'likely' telling what she believes is an accurate and truthful account. My opinion would instead be definitive.

I'm not interested in hearing for the millionth time about Hillary Clinton's POS client whom she was assigned to represent when she was a defense attorney. You've made it clear that you despise her and want her punished for what you believe she's done. So noted long ago. I'm indifferent regarding Hillary Clinton, and I know every defense attorney has pieces of shit who've lied, some of them having passed polygraphs. Hillary Clinton is irrelevant to this discussion.

Anyway, though polygraphs are fallible, they are accurate the majority of the time and are a useful tool for investigators. And, people who are willfully lying don't typically volunteer to take polygraphs, pass them, and ask for the FBI (to whom it's a crime to lie) to investigate their accounts.

So, I tend to believe that Ford is not lying and I understand why she wants an investigation and named witnesses called to testify under oath (even though those witnesses presently claim they 'don't recall' the alleged incident). If I were Ford, I'd want the same rather than a hearing which will be nothing more than a she said / he said shit show in front of an audience which has largely already decided who is more credible based on partisan affiliation.

If I were Kavanaugh and I did not sexually assault Ford, I'd want the same. I'd think he should publicly support a quick but thorough impartial investigation of the allegation and encourage his old friends who are named as witnesses to testify truthfully in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. That would be the best and most fair way to get as many facts on the table for consideration by the Senate and the public to judge credibility. It would also be the best way to mitigate having a cloud of suspicion hanging over his head indefinitely, in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-20-2018, 09:31 AM