Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(09-24-2018, 04:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Did you hear McConnell deriding and lecturing Dems in his press conference this morning?   hah

No doubt...............there are major political games being played by both sides right now.  It's kind of strange to see the Dems fighting toe to toe with Republicans and not waving a white flag in the first inning.  I expect to see them doing that a lot more on a regular basis.

Anyway, McConnell lecturing anyone about political games is hilarious shit.  He who pledged that the full obstruction of the Republican senate would limit Obama to one term before Obama had even been sworn in.  He who wouldn't even consider a very reasonable SCOTUS nominee by Obama and kept the seat open for over a year.  He who abolished the filibuster to help push controversial conservative policies through legislation.  And, so on...

McConnell's a dick, but he's smart.  I think he knows that he looks like a raging hypocrite and probably realizes that the majority of citizens aren't likely stupid or apathetic enough to forget / ignore all of his obstructionist partisan bullshit when weighing anything he spouts.  But, I don't think he cares because his target audience is the minority of people who swallow it whole.

I didn't see it but I heard about it. Serious question, why do you think the people who support these men are never insulted by their treatment? The supporters are treated as if they are blind, deaf & dumb on an almost daily basis.

Kavanaugh is trottin' out the little woman tonight for an interview on FOX. 78
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by Duchess - 09-24-2018, 05:38 PM