Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(09-24-2018, 05:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: I didn't see it but I heard about it. Serious question, why do you think the people who support these men are never insulted by their treatment? The supporters are treated as if they are blind, deaf & dumb on an almost daily basis.

Kavanaugh is trottin' out the little woman tonight for an interview on FOX. 78

I think some of their supporters are truly ignorant and simply believe whomever is speaking for their party at any given time. They don't assess how it will impact their lives and don't know or care about history.

Other supporters likely know what's going on and don't feel insulted because they believe they're 'in on' a justified 'winner take all' strategy for their party/ideology over competing parties/ideologies.

I'm not surprised that Kavanaugh is going on FOX with his wife tonight.  I thought it was weird that he had his wife and daughters at all of the nomination hearings.  I find taking your whole family to a job interview strange -- it came across to me as a calculated attempt to make him look more appealing to women (despite his opposition to women's rights to choose) and to deter senators from asking questions that people wouldn't normally broach in front of people's kids.

Those are just my speculations / opinions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-24-2018, 07:33 PM