Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
I hadn't read about the "Renate Alumni" crap in the high school yearbook until this morning.

If I was Renate, I'd feel betrayed and pissed too.  And, the lie Kavanaugh's handlers are floating to cover it is stupid.  Nine guys, including Kavanaugh, mention "Renate Alumni" 14 times as one of their achievements, along with heavy drinking and parties. And, the explanation is that they all asked her to dance or some such bullshit.  Idiotic.

Kavanaugh does not belong on the Supreme Court, in my opinion, regardless of Ford's testimony.  His nomination should be pulled. He's dishonest, shows poor judgment (even in adulthood), and he's proven to me that he is not an independent thinker.    

I don't like his positions on abortion, executive authority, and religious 'freedom' (discrimination).  I don't like Gorsuch's ultra conservative views either, but didn't think he could/should be rejected.  Gorsuch was a Trump nominee who demonstrated that he was qualified for the Supreme Court regardless of ideology.

By all accounts, McConnell strongly advised Trump against nominating Kavanaugh.  There were so many other candidates to choose from on the religious Federalist Society's list who didn't have so much baggage and would be just as likely to rule against abortion rights.  So, why Kavanaugh?  Because he's pliable and the only one on record saying that a sitting President shouldn't be subpoenaed?  I think that's probably the case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-25-2018, 10:32 AM