Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
Whomever fills Kennedy's SCOTUS seat will be making decisions that impact everyone in the country for decades.

Kavanaugh was chosen, in part, because of his opposition to women's right to choose. Archaic religion-based regressive bullshit, as far as I'm concerned.

So, scores of women, including some conservative women, are of course very interested in finding out more about allegations that he's also okay with forcing sexual contact (and lying about it). Based on what I'm reading/hearing, a lot of good men are also interested and concerned.

I want as much information on the table as possible before senators vote on Kavanaugh's fitness to serve on the Supreme Court. The senators who vote to confirm or deny his confirmation will be held responsible for their votes, so they should all want the same. Why are all but a few of the senators from the majority party resistant to such transparency and following the process established during the Thomas confirmation hearings?

People who think this is about Trump don't know or care what's really at stake here and are obsessed with the President. This is about the direction of the country and people's rights for decades to come, long after Trump leaves office.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-26-2018, 09:28 AM