Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(09-26-2018, 02:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I’m a Republican/Conservative by nature, and I think Kavanaugh should be rejected.

I remember guys just like him in High School (think Johnny from Karate Kid), and I don’t believe for a minute that he doesn’t still have a TON of juvenile/teenager living inside him.

On the Supreme Court?

Are you kidding me?

It was strange to me that Kavanaugh took the unprecedented step of doing a pre-confirmation hearing interview on FOX news.  

He came across as highly coached and unnatural, to me.  He said he "just wants a fair process" 17 times.  He volunteered that he was a virgin long past high school. He avoided the question about welcoming an FBI investigation.  And, he said he was always just studying and going to church and befriending local boys and girls in his high school years (didn't directly cop to partying, only that beer was present at some parties). All of that contradicts his own yearbook statements.

He has since, however, issued a statement acknowledging that he did in fact drink too much sometimes in high school.  

Kavanaugh still adamantly denies any sexual misconduct whatsoever and called today's allegations by Julie Swetnick straight outta the "Twilight Zone".   I still don't understand why he and his White House + Senate supporters didn't push for the FBI to quickly and thoroughly look into the initial allegation if they're sure there was no sexual misconduct (which doesn't make him guilty, but the report really could have helped his case if he's not).

Anyway, tomorrow's hearing should be very interesting.  The Republicans have hired a female Republican sex crimes prosecutor from Maricopa, AZ to question Ford and Kavanaugh.  Unfortunately, she's been prevented from having a specific background report and testimony of named witnesses upon which to base her inquiries.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-26-2018, 04:51 PM