Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(09-27-2018, 08:27 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Imagine you're an HR person conducting an interview at say, Boeing, and the person you're interviewing acted the way Kavanaugh did today.  Would you hire his screaming, belligerant, ranting ass?  Every photo I've seen of him from the hearing today showed an entitled man having a temper tantrum for not being given a job he feels is owed him.

This is an important, life-long position.  If there are *any* doubts, there are literally hundreds of other candidates to review.  I didn't have a problem with Gorsuch, he seems like a decent, moral man.  Kavanaugh is decidedly not.  This is more "fuck the libs, lets watch their heads explode" than actually caring for the welfare and safety of our country.

Sadly, 'belligerent ranter' seems to be a required job qualification under the current administration.

I agree with your perspective.  There are many more qualified candidates from which to choose and I don't believe choosing the best person for the country is the top priority for the Senate majority or the White House.

However, in my opinion, the motive is much more expansive than just getting someone who's clearly partisan in order to make lib heads explode.  

The GOP has been smart and effective working a long game for a long time, by whatever means necessary. It's about ideological power and influence in the long term, in my opinion.

That's the only reason the GOP and the evangelicals  got behind Trump, of all people.  He's appointing religious conservative judges in all of the lower courts and the Supreme Court, which  affects the direction of the country for decades.  Presidents and majority control of congressional houses are also important, but much more fluid and fleeting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-27-2018, 09:50 PM