Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(09-28-2018, 02:11 PM)Duchess Wrote: What in the hell is up with Lindsey Graham. Just what the hell. He sounds relieved and looks like a weight is off. Completely fuckin' bizarre given it appears the vote has been delayed so the FBI can investigate.

I just watched a clip of Flake's surprise request for FBI investigation.  Lindsey looked shell-shocked to me.

Lindsey had his day in the sun yesterday with his histrionic defense of Kavanaugh and got a hero's applause from his Republican colleagues last night................only to wake up and find out the tide has turned, yet again.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't just Kavanaugh who touted his ABA recommendation yesterday.  Lindsey (a lawyer himself) did as well, and referred to the ABA as the "The Gold Standard".

Anyway, I'm really glad the president of the American Bar Association publicly called for an FBI background investigation into Dr. Ford's allegations last night.  Whether it ultimately helps or hurts Kavanaugh, it's the non-partisan right thing to do.

“The basic principles that underscore the Senate’s constitutional duty of advice and consent on federal judicial nominees require nothing less than a careful examination of the accusations and facts by the FBI,” ABA President Robert Carlson wrote in a letter to Chairman Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.), the committee’s top Democrat.  Carlson indicated that the confirmation was too important to rush.

Turns out, the ABA has had concerns about Kavanaugh in regards to previous nominations as well (relating to bias).  
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...05dbd30971

(Edit:  replaced link with the correct one)

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-28-2018, 03:21 PM