Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(09-30-2018, 11:45 PM)Fry Guy Wrote: I think it would be a great idea. He has stated that he will do whatever he is told to do. He has so far. If they ask him to do this I am sure he will. However If he passes this. It will not "help his credibility" The same people that are screaming that he is a rapist and that Ford should be believed and why would she lie, will keep believing that he is not credible.

Yeah, some people who are insisting that Kavanaugh's guilty of sexual assault won't change their minds if he agrees to take a polygraph test and passes it.  Just like some people who insist that he's not guilty of sexual assault won't change their minds if he agrees to take a polygraph test and fails it.

But, the results would still matter. The results of the lie detector test would be part of the background check report which will be used by senators to make the final  hiring decision.  

If  Kavanaugh agrees to take a polygraph test administered by the FBI and passes it, the Democratic senators won't be able to credibly write it off as meaningless because they've already hailed the fact that Ford passed a poly administered by a former FBI agent.  

For those senators currently on the fence, passing a polygraph test would likely be a big green light to vote for Kavanaugh.  And, failing one would likely be a big red light for not only the fence-sitters, but also some senators who are currently a 'yes' on Kavanaugh.

I don't believe Kavanaugh will take one for several reasons.  But I hope you're right and he does.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 10-01-2018, 01:27 AM