Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(10-04-2018, 05:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 12:13 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: A letter from 1,000 law professors of different backgrounds has been submitted to the Senate.  It opposes the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh.
It's up to 1700 now. Has this ever been done before? I don't expect you to go research that, just wondering if maybe you know off hand.

I don’t know for sure, but I’ve never seen anything like it.

Clarence Thomas was incensed and called the Anita Hill hearings a ‘high tech lynching’. Pulling the race card turned off some of the senators at the time and probably some law professors.

But, Thomas didn’t lose his shit or display partisan hostility. So, I don’t believe his testimony prompted a large coalition of law professors, churches and universities to publicly object to to his confirmation due to temperament and partisan bias concerns.

So Thomas reacted differently to Democrats going for the smear on his confirmation....so what?
Does not make Kavanaugh unfit and will not prevent his confirmation. So what is the upshot?

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by Fry Guy - 10-04-2018, 06:08 PM