Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(10-06-2018, 04:12 PM)Duchess Wrote: He's confirmed. I have no faith that he will be fair to all those who come before him & I worry that others will lose rights :(

I hear ya; it’s worrisome alright.

Those rights were at risk the minute Donald Trump was elected though. He promised ultra conservative religious judges during the campaign. That was key to his election.

Since then, he’s been keeping that promise and working to maintain support from about 40% of the country by widening the divide and anymosity between them and the other 60%. Uniting the country and representing all its citizens in not part of this administration’s agenda.

Anyway, since all the judges President Trump has nominated or will be nominating are the picks of the conservative religious Federalist Society, the civil rights and liberties you mentioned would unfortunately have been at risk no matter which of the judges on that list was confirmed to the Supreme Court, in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 10-07-2018, 10:23 AM