Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(10-10-2018, 10:37 AM)Maggot Wrote: See, that's what i was saying the same with Wienstiens victims. They were passive because the end result would be good for their careers. A person in power using that power to manipulate. I'm just surprised you would think I was trying to say what Nassar or Weinstien did was OK. I'm not that much of a nitwit and will just move on and forget about it. Sometimes you just read into things to much. 

I didn't think you were saying that what Nassar and Weinstein did was okay Mags.

Your sentence wasn't clear and I'm sorry if I misinterpreted it to suggest the girls themselves let it happen in order to win gold. That's the only implication whereby your comparing Nassar's case to Weinstein's (who you think was given sex by his alleged victims in exchange for reward) makes sense.

I disagree with what you actually meant, as well. I do not believe that the parents are to blame. One of the fathers committed suicide after it turned out his daughter was right and he'd believed she just misunderstood the medical technique. The victim impact statements of the other parents are very sad to read -- they were completely fooled and carry a lot of guilt.

Nassar (and any of the officials who intentionally or negligently allowed him to get away with it) are to blame.

And, I still think there's no comparison to Nassar and Kavanaugh.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 10-10-2018, 10:47 AM