Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(10-11-2018, 06:52 PM)Rootilda Wrote: It'd be like me being obsessed with the British National Party and posting on an English forum about matters that have nothing to do with me and that I have no first hand knowledge about. That's just not... normal behavior.

Here is what you do not understand. In the Western World there is essentially two major Western cultures that my country is influenced by. European (mainly English) and America. It is not to say that we do not have our own identity, we do BUT we are influenced. We get news, fashion, Hollywood movies, sitcoms and such, from these places. We do get some influences from Asia but our similarities are in these two Northern lands. Financially we are tied to these two places too.

Now, the last 8+ years have seen the rise of the Authoritarian Progressives and not JUST in America but in the Western Culture generally. Public policies, law, comics, movies, television, academia and politics. It was not just England. England was taking its queue from the dominant European Union leader Germany. Sweden, France, England, Netherlands, Brussels and Spain all took their queue from Merkel. The other countries in the E U towed the line even when they went to the wall financially and took more illegal immigrants than they could handle. Added terrorism? No problem, keep the Progressive status quo.

Then we look to America and we see Obama and the poisonous ideology supporting that. Selling off Uranium to Russia, bowing to Muslim Kings like a supplicant, and dropping billions to Iran. Clinton Foundation going crazy.

My country had effectively one ideology coming from all Western cultures to influence ours. No better way. As countries were marching off the cultural cliff we had no other influence.

Now there is an alternative. A better alternative. It it better for us. I wish we were not influenced at all and that our television shows were not trying to be more American than Americans. Our "The View" like shows are far more extreme than those hosts.

A bit of tempering when a Trump culture vs European Progressivism is HEAPS better than Progressive Europe and Progressive America culture.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by Fry Guy - 10-12-2018, 05:12 AM