Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Words and Names
(03-22-2016, 03:46 PM)Donovan Wrote: some of them may have been lying...but not mom.

I always want to hug little boy Donovan when you talk about your childhood.

Please don't flame me. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
In the old days people would go by different names. I'm not sure if that was because of the Catholics that could change their name at confirmation. I used Leo for my name but never used it. My grandmothers name was Yvonne but they called her Margret. It happened more in the past although some people use names that seem better in the area they grew up in. I know a guy named Mohammed but we call him Sam. And the guy that eats weird shit in the shop is also called Sam but his real name is Bannacorn. When he came over as a child he came from Thailand or Siam as it was called at one time. So his name became Sam.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-22-2016, 04:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 03:46 PM)Donovan Wrote: some of them may have been lying...but not mom.

I always want to hug little boy Donovan when you talk about your childhood.

Please don't flame me. hah

Never, you're adorable. Besides, I can definitely say it was a unique childhood and I came away with a number of unusual experiences I wouldn't really trade. Can you say you'd give up the bad stuff if it means fundamentally changing who you've become?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(03-22-2016, 03:46 PM)Donovan Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 07:33 AM)Carsman Wrote: Unrelated names people are called are like: Peggy for Margaret, Dick for Richard, Bobby for Robert, Lizzy for Elizabeth, to name a few.

Actually I think you are mistaken, thousands of people over the years have told me "dick" is the shortened way to say Donovan. Sure, some of them may have been lying...but not mom.

Well then by using that analogy, one could say: Dick, your Donovan is short? hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(03-22-2016, 12:13 AM)Love Child Wrote: What if your name is Thomas and people call you Tom, do you get angry? Do you correct people when they get your name wrong?

My boyfriends name is Thomas and everyone calls him Tom. My 4 yr old granddaughter started calling him Tommy the last few times I've had her. He doesn't care for it but it's not like he's going to say anything to her. I'm sure he would say something if an adult started calling him that.