Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How Often Do You.....
Wash your hair?

What is the longest that you have gone without washing your hair?

Or taking a shower or bath?

Some of the people up here in this little mountain community have discovered au natural living and refuse to wash their hair. Some it doesn't look so bad, others, iiish.

I tried the no hair wash thing and have only lasted 3 days.

I take a shower everyday but only wash my hair a couple times a week. Most people don't know how bad many shampoos are for your hair. A lot of them have alcohol and other drying agents in them.

...and it's not good for dogs to have a lot of baths. The oils they need for their skin and coat are stripped with frequent bathing.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Humans are the most stinky creatures on earth. Apes have body hair that puts them in second place. I can only imagine what a saloon in the old west smelled like.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
At my worst living conditions when running water was a creek and a hot bath involved boiling and mixing and significant portage, the hair wash was every third day, mainly because with efficiency of bathing the hair makes a good sponge for soap and water while you wash the rest of the body down. Saved a good gallon of water that way. One adapts. It probably should be noted that squeaky clean hair is a relatively recent invention of shampoo companies, and before the mid twentieth century people tended to slap all kinds of oils and shit up there to keep it in place.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(03-22-2016, 12:17 AM)Love Child Wrote: Wash your hair?

What is the longest that you have gone without washing your hair?

Or taking a shower or bath?

Some of the people up here in this little mountain community have discovered au natural living and refuse to wash their hair. Some it doesn't look so bad, others, iiish.

I tried the no hair wash thing and have only lasted 3 days.

I've gone about a 1.5-2 weeks without showering or washing my hair. But now that I have a respectable job I usually only go showerless about one day a week or less.
I shower and wash my hair at least once a day and always after sex. During the summer when its hot it can be 2+ times a day. But I wash my hair every time I shower, no exceptions. Hey, I'm fat but not a slob.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I love showering multiple times a day! ; )

Also, dry shampoo is a really great invention!

I can't recall how long I've gone without a shower. A few years ago I lost power for a couple days because of a blown transformer, I couldn't take a shower then but it was during the Summer so I had the pool.
Shower everyday. Wash my hair every other day unless I've been sweaty. Now that my hair is really long my hairdresser said not to wash it everyday. Once in a while I will stay in my Jammie's all day. But I still wash my face at least.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-23-2016, 08:49 AM)ramseycat Wrote: But I still wash my face at least.

Do you ever fall asleep with your makeup on?
(03-22-2016, 11:29 AM)Donovan Wrote: At my worst living conditions when running water was a creek and a hot bath involved boiling and mixing and significant portage, the hair wash was every third day, mainly because with efficiency of bathing the hair makes a good sponge for soap and water while you wash the rest of the body down. Saved a good gallon of water that way. One adapts. It probably should be noted that squeaky clean hair is a relatively recent invention of shampoo companies, and before the mid twentieth century people tended to slap all kinds of oils and shit up there to keep it in place.
Fucking hippie. Get a hair cut!
lol I'm all suburban now. I probably look like midwest spy.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(03-22-2016, 10:17 PM)F.U. Wrote: I shower and wash my hair at least once a day and always after sex. During the summer when its hot it can be 2+ times a day. But I wash my hair every time I shower, no exceptions. Hey, I'm fat but not a slob.

I'm a reformed/recovering slobaholic.
(03-23-2016, 12:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-23-2016, 08:49 AM)ramseycat Wrote: But I still wash my face at least.

Do you ever fall asleep with your makeup on?

I hate to admit it but yes. And that's not good for someone that sells Rodan & Fields Skin Care.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-24-2016, 06:11 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I hate to admit it but yes.

Me too.
A few weeks ago we had an hot water shortage. I went without a shower for a couple of days, but sometimes I just jumped right in the cold water and it felt good. Or I boiled a pitcher's worth of hot water and poured that over myself with the cold water running slow.

Sometimes recently I have been trying to see how long I can go without taking a shower or washing my hair. I have gotten used to not shaving my legs now, except when I go down the mountain I shave, everything I can. The girls up here have conversations about body hair and feminism, its great.

I at least wash my feet before slipping into bed.

Good thing I am not trying to hook up with someone up here.
Funny how fast you get used to roughing it in the woods huh?
I live in a cold climate, you can't wash your hair everyday. Also, it has to be dry when you straighten it.

Tonight, I put this shower cap on my mother and then on myself, it is a shower cap that has shampoo and conditioner in it. I did mums hair first and then put it in rollers, then mine. I have very thick hair, mine didn't turn out so well, mums looked really pretty.
Shower everyday and wash my hair every 2-3 days. My hair actually looks better when it hasn't been washed in a couple of days. I go to sleep with makeup on, but it's only eye makeup. So the worst that happens is it smudges and I wake up looking like an old whore.
Readers digest says that people should use flour to wash their hair dry.
Pour flour on your head, shake it through then shake it out. It removes excess oil.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.