Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WHY SO QUIET?

This is part of the description for the Greetings forum - Just a gay bullshit forum to encourage you to talk to each other in case people are scared like school girls, or still mad or moody about stuff that was said.

Does that apply to you?

I don't much care for greetings. Not all of the time, just most of the time. Good morning, good afternoon, good night. It might as well read BlahBlahFuckingBlah.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I know for me it's the new Dr. Strange movie coming out I just cannot wait and I'm speechless about it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Good morning Duchess!

I'm pretty upset about being called a wordy, know-it-all, flip-floppin', not-too-bright ignoramus by MS, Gunnar, F.U., Cutz... It's making my brown eyes blue alright.

Smiley_emoticons_smile Not really. I'm not mad at anybody or moody or anything -- I like all the bitches and bastards up in here.

I'm just busy with taxes, licensing orientations, staff shortages and all kinds of other necessary but boring bullshit which I can't put off any longer.
Hi Duchess. Just busy dealing with real life issues. Several bad illnesses in family. Cousin with cancer, brother with heart and kidney issues. Life sucks some times.
Why insert the term 'gay'? Does it really say that? Gay bullshit? ReallY?
(04-05-2016, 06:33 PM)Adub Wrote: Why insert the term 'gay'? Does it really say that? Gay bullshit? ReallY?

Ha! I never paid any real attention to that. It's been there from day one. I don't mind if there is some gay bullshit in here. Bring it on.

Awink
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-05-2016, 06:33 PM)Adub Wrote: Why insert the term 'gay'? Does it really say that? Gay bullshit? ReallY?

Are you offended?
(04-05-2016, 08:00 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:

Are you offended?

A little bit

Yes Adub, it does. When something is lame you say it is gay. It's just a saying. No need to get your pussy all in a bunch over it.
CNN was doing a special the other day about the 70's/80's and tv during that time period. I watched those shows but I think I was too young to really get some of the humor. I heard Archie Bunker say something to Edith about a black couple moving in to the neighborhood. Edith said something like "oh, it'll be fine Archie". Archie responded with "just wait till YOU have to deal with watermelon peelings flying through the windows" or something to that effect. And of course, we can't forget how un-pc Archie was around the gay community:

Mike: “You think anyone who wears glasses is a homosexual.”

Archie: “Not true! A man who wears glasses is a four-eyes. A man who is queer is a fag.”

I think "nigger" was said in The Jeffersons.

Those were the good old days. Smiley_emoticons_smile
Commando Cunt Queen
You do understand Archie was supposed to be the backward idiot everyone was laughing at. Carroll O' Connor was one of the most liberal men alive. Archie was a cartoon you people were supposed to belittle, not try to make president.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Ha!! Yes, I understand. Trump does Archie pretty damn well.

Even though a lot of it went over my head that was a funny show and is it progress or going backwards that shows like that wouldn't be allowed on air today? I dunno, maybe they are on some cable channel but those were prime time.

As I was half listening, I also heard that it was shows like that which created "family viewing hours".

I think it's somewhat sad that we've become so sensitive that all of that would now be considered not only offensive but hate language blah, blah. People would pitch a fit over that type of blatant, insensitive HUMOR. That's the thing...even jokes are off limits.

I believe the Supreme Court stepped in at some point around those shows and said actions being taken against them violated free speech. Can I get an amen?
Commando Cunt Queen
I have heard some pretty ridiculous extremes, especially where comedy is concerned. I think it's not political correctness that's out of hand, it's the apology culture we have created. It's not that hard to figure out right from wrong and at what point a person ought to be accountable for actions. And certainly some behavior has no place in, say, a presidential election. But wtf is it with people always demanding an apology? Like that means anything? I blame Jim Bakker, he's the one who started this shit with his tv sniveling and "I have sinned against you" crap.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.