Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NHL
Ed Snider passed... RIP. Best damned hockey team owner ever. Go Flyers.

I used to love hockey like I do football. My brothers had a rink in our backyard, most homes did. Hockey is God up there.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Flyers could make some noise as the East's 8th seed in this year's NHL Playoffs.

They'll get the Capitals (and Alex Ovechkin) in the first round, but they've been playing well.

I'd like to see them pull off the upset.
(04-12-2016, 04:16 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Flyers could make some noise as the East's 8th seed in this year's NHL Playoffs.

They'll get the Capitals (and Alex Ovechkin) in the first round, but they've been playing well.

I'd like to see them pull off the upset.
I'd love to see that happen, I just don't think the Flyers have it this year. Maybe Ed's passing will light a fire under their asses.
Not looking too good for my Flyers. Down 2-0. Caps are brutal.
The San Jose Sharks beat Nashville and will face the St. Louis Blues for the western conference title.

I don't follow hockey much, but a couple of my friends do -- they're recovering today. I've been loudly and repeatedly informed that it's the first time in five years the Sharks have made it into the conference finals!

It would be kinda cool if the Warriors won the NBA championship and the Sharks won the Stanley Cup.
(05-13-2016, 02:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The San Jose Sharks beat Nashville and will face the St. Louis Blues for the western conference title.

I don't follow hockey much, but a couple of my friends do -- they're recovering today. I've been loudly and repeatedly informed that it's the first time in five years the Sharks have made into the conference finals!

It would be kinda cool if the Warriors won the NBA championship and the Sharks won the Stanley Cup.
I picked San Jose.
[Image: 0ccf2f7b6d.png]
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(05-14-2016, 06:54 AM)thekid65 Wrote: [Image: 0ccf2f7b6d.png]

I'm with you Kid.

But, I thought you were a Kings fan?

Anyway, I'd like to see St. Louis win it this year.
From what I'm told, the Sharks vs. Blues series is expected to be close and intense. Neither team has won the Stanley Cup, so I can imagine them fighting hard to make it to the league finals.

I know nothing about the Eastern Conference finals teams, except that the Tampa Bay Lightning won the cup back in 2004 and the Pittsburgh Penguins won back to back cups in 1991 and 1992.

If the NHL and NBA schedules weren't the same, I'd like to watch and learn more about hockey.
(05-14-2016, 10:44 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 06:54 AM)thekid65 Wrote: [Image: 0ccf2f7b6d.png]

I'm with you Kid.

But, I thought you were a Kings fan?

Anyway, I'd like to see St. Louis win it this year.

Nope, my sister is a hardcore Kings fan. She's got season tickets, which is why I've gotten to see several of Blues/Kings games. I went earlier this year and got to watch the Blues win in a shootout, after still being tied in OT.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

(05-14-2016, 04:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: From what I'm told, the Sharks vs. Blues series is expected to be close and intense. Neither team has won the Stanley Cup, so I can imagine them fighting hard to make it to the league finals.

I know nothing about the Eastern Conference finals teams, except that the Tampa Bay Lightning won the cup back in 2004 and the Pittsburgh Penguins won back to back cups in 1991 and 1992.

If the NHL and NBA schedules weren't the same, I'd like to watch and learn more about hockey.
It will go all 7 games and may very well be the best series this year. Sharks had their 3rd line on the ice when the blues scored. I love this time of year. I could totally do hockey and football 12 months out of the year.
Tied at one each... Go Sharks!
Go Sharks! (and go Blues!).

I'm torn. I want the local team to win, even though I'm not invested in hockey.

But, I also want Kid's team to win, even though the bastard hardly ever posts.
(05-18-2016, 06:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Go Sharks! (and go Blues!).

I'm torn. I want the local team to win, even though I'm not invested in hockey.

But, I also want Kid's team to win, even though the bastard hardly ever posts.
Sharks out hustled the Blues yesterday. First game could have gone either way. Yesterday was a 4-0 blowout. If the blues don't step it up tomorrow, it may not go 7 games as I had anticipated.
I'm pretty confident they will step it up tonight. They looked awful on Tues. They havent played 2 shit games in a row since the start of this thing.

Well...they came out hard for the first 10 min or so....

I can't tell if the Blues are just playing badly, or the Sharks are just playing that much better. Either way, it doesn't look good and Hitchcock better come up with some answers.

(05-20-2016, 06:35 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Well...they came out hard for the first 10 min or so....

I can't tell if the Blues are just playing badly, or the Sharks are just playing that much better. Either way, it doesn't look good and Hitchcock better come up with some answers.

Seems like Hitchcock agreed with your take, Kid.

I see he changed the Blues goalie for last night's game and the Blues beat the Sharks 6 to 3 to tie the western division finals 2 to 2. And, your Blues have home court advantage in game 5 tomorrow night.

The Lightning vs. Penguins eastern division finals series is also tied 2 to 2, with game 5 going down tonight in Pittsburgh.

Exciting series'.
Sticking with Allen again tonight. I wasn't surprised at all about the change last game, but a little surprised he's sticking with him. Allen is clearly a better puck handler, but not so sure he's the better goalie.

(05-23-2016, 07:17 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Sticking with Allen again tonight. I wasn't surprised at all about the change last game, but a little surprised he's sticking with him. Allen is clearly a better puck handler, but not so sure he's the better goalie.
It's a great series. Looking forward to tonight's game.