Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WOULD YOU TOLERATE THIS?

I wouldn't let anyone treat an animal like that and I damn sure wouldn't stand there and do nothing while a little kid was going through that. I feel pretty confident that all of you would be having some kind of fit if people were trying to hold you down so you could be hit with a board.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Corporal punishment doled out to a tender child (if absolutely needed) by anyone one other then the child's parent is just wrong! That child's momma needs help!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(04-16-2016, 12:05 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 08:39 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 07:32 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Yesterday at the Chemist, this grandfather said to his granddaughter who was about 4 or 5 "no, or I will smack you", I turned around he looked at me and I looked at him, he KNEW he was in the wrong.

And that's the other extreme end of the spectrum. There is a big difference between two old bitches holding down a 5 year old and trying to hit him with a board and a parent telling their kid in the grocery store that I'm going to smack your ass if you don't stop it. If you looked at me like that I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

It wasn't his kid Sally! It was his grandkid. Anyway, the kid will be getting old enough by now to dob the old bastard in anyway.

If you told me to go fuck myself, it would be on! I don't back down from that shit.

I've never been big on corporal punishment except the few times I've smacked my kids on the butt when they were little. For example when my daughter took my laptop off the desk and when I told her to give it to me she slammed it on the tile floor. I smacked her butt lightly with my hand and told her to go to her room. I'd hardly call that child abuse. So if a parent or grandparent chooses to discipline their child that way in public or at home it isn't any of my business and it shouldn't be yours either.

And if you were to give me a dirty look or say something to me about it I would tell you off. I'm no Rhonda Rousey, but if you chose to come back at me physically I'd knock your scrawny ass out.

This story just seems so wrong, right down to the mother recording it.

Corporal punishment is banned in my state as well as many others. The states in red still allow it.

[Image: cp%20map.png]

(04-16-2016, 11:14 AM)sally Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 12:05 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 08:39 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 07:32 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Yesterday at the Chemist, this grandfather said to his granddaughter who was about 4 or 5 "no, or I will smack you", I turned around he looked at me and I looked at him, he KNEW he was in the wrong.

And that's the other extreme end of the spectrum. There is a big difference between two old bitches holding down a 5 year old and trying to hit him with a board and a parent telling their kid in the grocery store that I'm going to smack your ass if you don't stop it. If you looked at me like that I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

It wasn't his kid Sally! It was his grandkid. Anyway, the kid will be getting old enough by now to dob the old bastard in anyway.

If you told me to go fuck myself, it would be on! I don't back down from that shit.

I've never been big on corporal punishment except the few times I've smacked my kids on the butt when they were little. For example when my daughter took my laptop off the desk and when I told her to give it to me she slammed it on the tile floor. I smacked her butt lightly with my hand and told her to go to her room. I'd hardly call that child abuse. So if a parent or grandparent chooses to discipline their child that way in public or at home it isn't any of my business and it shouldn't be yours either.

And if you were to give me a dirty look or say something to me about it I would tell you off. I'm no Rhonda Rousey, but if you chose to come back at me physically I'd knock your scrawny ass out.

I would say "you touch a hair on that child's head and I am going to call the police, I am a registered nurse, a mandated reporter for child abuse and I will call the police" there are camera's here in this pharmacy and you are being watched.

I agree it is different if you are the child's parent things are different. We don't know if he was the child's uncle, family friend or grandparent, but he certainly wasn't the parent.
(04-16-2016, 06:22 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I would say "you touch a hair on that child's head and I am going to call the police, I am a registered nurse, a mandated reporter for child abuse and I will call the police" there are camera's here in this pharmacy and you are being watched.

There are children really being abused and you're going to call the police on a grandfather telling his grandkid to knock it off or I'm going to smack you?

This is what is wrong with this world, everyone has their priorities fucked up with no common sense whatsoever.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater

Mother of the year right there.

So I've read what seems like a million comments on this and this is what I've heard over and over and over again.

He's missed 18 days of school but most weren't covered by a doc note. She's been to court and was told any more truancies and she goes to jail. So the time comes and she has to make a decision. She saves her own ass from going to jail and lets them whoop her kids ass. Instead of intervening like any normal parent would when their child is screaming and scared to death, she secretly records it after telling them she was texting. My guess is she's wanting money from a lawsuit and her 15 minutes of shame on FB.
The kid has hit and spit on other students and the teacher numerous times and along with the truancies, they've had enough of this brat. A few of the missed days were cover for what was a cancer "scare" which turned out to be a scratched elbow.
I don't know if this was right or wrong but clearly something needs to be done.
The POS mother has obviously never disciplined this brat so he has no concept of right or wrong. Of course he would be scared to death. Look at what she says in the comments in the pic. Apparently, there's no father around either. The kid has about a 100% chance of failure and a mean street life being raised by this winner.
CPS should step in immediately.
It's sad that he's a product of her stupidity and irresponsibility.

On the other side of the country...a teacher was fired for saving fruit and giving it to students.

Nothing shocks me anymore.
we have to live with these animals.
(04-16-2016, 07:58 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 06:22 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I would say "you touch a hair on that child's head and I am going to call the police, I am a registered nurse, a mandated reporter for child abuse and I will call the police" there are camera's here in this pharmacy and you are being watched.

There are children really being abused and you're going to call the police on a grandfather telling his grandkid to knock it off or I'm going to smack you?

This is what is wrong with this world, everyone has their priorities fucked up with no common sense whatsoever.

If he had the nerve to do that in public what does he do in private? HE IS NOT THE CHILD'S PARENT! Clearly he was babysitting. If you are fine with your babysitter smacking your children, then that's a different style of parenting to me.

I always say, if there is any trouble, just tell me and I will sort it out. The consequences are taking away, computer, ipod, Wuii or whatever that bloody thing is called. Anyway, that works a treat.
(04-16-2016, 10:06 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 07:58 PM)sally Wrote:

If he had the nerve to do that in public what does he do in private? HE IS NOT THE CHILD'S PARENT! Clearly he was babysitting. If you are fine with your babysitter smacking your children, then that's a different style of parenting to me.

I always say, if there is any trouble, just tell me and I will sort it out. The consequences are taking away, computer, ipod, Wuii or whatever that bloody thing is called. Anyway, that works a treat.

How do you know how he is related to the kid? When I was a kid f I talked smack to my mom she would tell me that she was going to knock the teeth out of the back of my head. Not that she'd ever do it, but that was her way of telling me she was pissed and I knew it. She talked to my own kids that way and I didn't care because she got her point across and they still loved and adored her.

Unless there are real signs of abuse I think you need to learn how to mind your own fucking business, Aussie.
My mom always told us she was going to 'knock our heads in' when we were acting like little assholes, in private or public.

The worst thing she ever actually did was chuck plastic fruit at us one day in the summer when we were all home from school fighting with each other non-stop. It was hilarious, but we stopped fighting that day. She's so cool, and she was so fucking pissed she almost started crying. The guilt, not the fruit, worked on us.

My dad didn't make threats, he didn't have to. We did not argue and beat the crap outta each other unless dad was at work or school. We knew better. He did spank us sometimes when we were little and we couldn't talk him out of restriction like we could my mom. So, we just behaved better when he was around.

If I saw a parent truly physically or verbally abusing a kid, I'd react visibly -- I don't think I could stop myself. But, I don't outwardly react when frustrated parents (or family members/guardians) threaten kids who are acting up. In my experience, those are the kids who are least likely to face unreasonable consequences for acting up.
(04-16-2016, 10:06 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: If he had the nerve to do that in public what does he do in private? HE IS NOT THE CHILD'S PARENT! Clearly he was babysitting. If you are fine with your babysitter smacking your children, then that's a different style of parenting to me.

Ah, I see. Because he isn't raising the kid, he just raised the kid's parent. I'm gonna continue my streak of 100% correct assumptions and say that if he threatened his grandkid that he'd smack her... he probably threatened his kid that is her parent that he'd smack them too. Hence... ipso facto... verily...

If you leave your kid with someone who you know will spank them... you're giving them permission to spank them.

It's not like this guy is a professional baby sitter or teacher that's walking around randomly disciplining other people's kids. If he's the babysitter, then the parent trusts him, including his threats of punishment. You're the one who's the outsider imposing your values on the lives of undeserving victims. If the kid's parents felt the way you do, they wouldn't leave the little tike with dear ol grandpa.
Hey Cutz, I'm following the law in a civilized western society. If you like all that violence inflicted on innocent children by people who are not their parents, that's your bag. But it's certainly not mine.
(04-16-2016, 08:33 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: He's missed 18 days of school but most weren't covered by a doc note. She's been to court and was told any more truancies and she goes to jail. So the time comes and she has to make a decision. She saves her own ass from going to jail and lets them whoop her kids ass. Instead of intervening like any normal parent would when their child is screaming and scared to death, she secretly records it after telling them she was texting. My guess is she's wanting money from a lawsuit and her 15 minutes of shame on FB.
The kid has hit and spit on other students and the teacher numerous times and along with the truancies, they've had enough of this brat. A few of the missed days were cover for what was a cancer "scare" which turned out to be a scratched elbow.
I don't know if this was right or wrong but clearly something needs to be done.
The POS mother has obviously never disciplined this brat so he has no concept of right or wrong. Of course he would be scared to death. Look at what she says in the comments in the pic. Apparently, there's no father around either. The kid has about a 100% chance of failure and a mean street life being raised by this winner.
CPS should step in immediately.
It's sad that he's a product of her stupidity and irresponsibility.

On the other side of the country...a teacher was fired for saving fruit and giving it to students.

Nothing shocks me anymore.

Other than the spitting, I didn't know any of that. She's just one more POS who has been blessed with a child and then shirks her responsibility. I can't stand that shit and if I express how I really feel I'll look like a nutcase.

Regarding the fruit saving teacher, this isn't the first time I have read of someone at a school being fired for giving a hungry kid some food. That makes me crazy too. What the hell is our world all about these days. Jesus.
(04-17-2016, 06:17 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Hey Cutz, I'm following the law in a civilized western society. If you like all that violence inflicted on innocent children by people who are not their parents, that's your bag. But it's certainly not mine.

hah

You've got a law Down Under requiring you to give dirty looks to adults who tell kids in their care that they'll get smacked if they don't behave, do ya?
(04-17-2016, 11:59 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 06:17 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Hey Cutz, I'm following the law in a civilized western society. If you like all that violence inflicted on innocent children by people who are not their parents, that's your bag. But it's certainly not mine.

hah

You've got a law Down Under requiring you to give dirty looks to adults who tell kids in their care that they'll get smacked if they don't behave, do ya?

oh FFS HoTD, you have your own thread now where you are a popstar go and flap your ego over there. That is not what I fucking said.

Child abuse is a fucking serious subject. I was bashed by teachers and those nuns at catholic schools were fucking violent. My parents were both violent. I made sure my child was never subjected to the same. It takes guts to stare down an adult bullying a child, he is still a man, and I am just a woman. The child in me is still scared of that person.

There is a time and place for tap dancing HoTD, this is not the place.
You can continue to tap dance any place you'd like, aussie (except my pop star thread!).

Personally, I don't fault you for giving the guy a dirty look. It sometimes takes self control not to visibly judge people on your emotional reactions and by your own standards, especially when it comes to children. And, it's not like you smacked him, told him off, reported him, or anything like that.

What made me laugh is your reaction to a difference of opinion in your reasoning and how you handled the situation. But, but, but....you just KNEW he was an uncivilized abuser though. And, you just KNEW he wasn't the parent or guardian though. In any case, you just KNEW you'd converted him from an abuser into a compliant caregiver with the power of your evil eye. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Hopefully, you KNOW that you weren't really following any law or fulfilling any reporting requirement by giving him a dirty look -- that sounds like just a bit more tap, tap, tappin' on your part. Nothing the man did was illegal, not even in Australia.

Anyway, no one here condones child abuse just because they don't think that your way is the only legal or acceptable way for family members and guardians to deal with children who are acting up.
(04-15-2016, 09:28 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 04:48 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 04:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: I would have grabbed the paddle and chased them all out of the freakin room. What did the kid do anyways?
Spat at another student.

Awww shit they all freaking do that. Give em a pepper coated lollipop if they wanna spit.
Kids down here love the Mexican candy. My daughters favorite is the watermelon paletas with the chili pepper on the outside. Totally serious. Check out the link below. hah

http://www.mymexicancandy.com/vero-reban...ack-count/