Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who needs a gun???
Thanks to my husband, my daughter and I are now the proud owners of pepper spray:

[Image: 41gK1Ot9iwL._SY300_.jpg]

and one of these, steel thing-a-ma-jigs:

[Image: WEA-0510-A1-2.jpg?1407836711]

I have not checked mine but I'm hoping that it opens....

[Image: o_steel-kubotan-kubaton-knife-key-chain-...l-b850.jpg]

The pepper spray is in my car so I have it when I take my dog out and such (although I've somehow forgotten to grab it yet). However, it just occurred to me that storing it in my car as the weather heats up *might* not be the best idea. All I need is to be driving down the freeway and my pepper spray canister explodes on me.

The second item (which I really hope has a blade in it because that SO INCREASES the cool factor), is for poking people (in case you hadn't figured that out). I think good spots would be the sternum, the eyeballs and the nuts, (although you'd have to have pretty good aim to get someone in the nuts with one of those). I think anywhere you jabbed them on the head with the thing would probably hurt like hell. The other handy feature of THAT product is it will break my car window should I ever find myself in my car, with my self defense weapon, under water.

I know this much, if I get to use one of those items and have the opportunity, I'm going to use all 3 (assuming I have the blade). If I poke them and they go down, I'm stabbing and pepper spraying them just for good measure.

Anybody else packing??
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-11-2016, 02:02 PM)username Wrote: Anybody else packing??

No, but I know if I drive the palm of my hand up into someone's nose with great force I can send bones into their brain. *flexes*

For what it would ever be worth, I do carry a Swiss army knife in my handbag but it's not for protection, it's just because sometimes I need a knife. I have a tape measure in there too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Personally I carry a handgun, much more efficient than gas or even that cute little thing you have to unscrew to get the pointy piece into action.
A bit of tactical advice of you do not mind, don't worry about stabbing your assailant in he eye(too small a target) or in the chest (that part will not hurt you) or the nuts (too small a target for that tool)
Instead, Stab him in the hand that he grabs you with as hard as you can. The hand, especially when it is grabbed onto something is full of nerves and bones and it WILL hurt like a MF. Then kick him in the balls and run like hell.
JMHO, YMMV
That and make sure the pepper spray is pointing at the assailant and not yourself in the heat of the moment. They work great on the grill for hot spare ribs also.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
We sell those cute little pepper sprays at the shop for 6 bucks. I always recommend buying a extra and trying it just to get use to the way it works and how the stream sprays.
Seconds count in a self defense situation no matter what your defense weapon of choice is. Remember you have to be faster on the "draw" with your reaction to the situation and deployment of defense item than your attacker. A average person can cover a distance of about seven yards in about a second and a half. That's not a lot of time, so if you think you will be safe just by carrying your defense tool in your purse you will probably be sadly mistaken. My Ol carried one before she started carrying a gun and I told her to have the pepper spray out and in her hand as she walked to and from her car or in places of perceived danger.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I don't carry any weapons, whatever will be will be. I'm pretty sure cancer is going to kill me before a bathsalts nigger.
(05-11-2016, 06:11 PM)F.U. Wrote: We sell those cute little pepper sprays at the shop for 6 bucks. I always recommend buying a extra and trying it just to get use to the way it works and how the stream sprays.
Seconds count in a self defense situation no matter what your defense weapon of choice is. Remember you have to be faster on the "draw" with your reaction to the situation and deployment of defense item than your attacker. A average person can cover a distance of about seven yards in about a second and a half. That's not a lot of time, so if you think you will be safe just by carrying your defense tool in your purse you will probably be sadly mistaken. My Ol carried one before she started carrying a gun and I told her to have the pepper spray out and in her hand as she walked to and from her car or in places of perceived danger.

Yeah, I have to test mine (not in to the wind). That and I totally agree that unless you have the pepper spray or poker or whatever in your hand, you're screwed. The only exception to that might be if someone just threw you in to the backseat of their car, purse and all (maybe they only grab your phone), and you could use it on them then. Fortunately, not all pervert/criminals are brainiacs so I could see that scenario happening but definitely, better to have it out.
Commando Cunt Queen
It depends on the situation and that's a judgment call. You have to profile. If your at a funeral you're probably safe as long as the guys first name isn't "Don"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I like to carry a screw driver.
I don't.