Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DO YOU PRAY?

I'm just curious. I don't believe there is a man in the clouds listening to me but I do pray, it's not like I'm on my knees beside my bed or anything like that, sometimes I do it on the back of my horse. I usually pray for strength in my office. hah Not kidding.

There is no right or wrong answer and I swear I won't call anyone stupid or shit for brains. 41
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
If prayer brings you inner peace and a moment of tranquility then who can argue against it?
Personally, after having been a Mormon most of my life and studying my way out of it (read the 'CES Letter') I now
find myself an Agnostic (as truly NO one really knows either way, for sure), leaning toward Atheism as I don't believe.
So, no- I don't pray any longer.
Nope. Shocker I know.
Multiple times daily.
Yep.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I like to say the Lord's Prayer (every day if I can).

Our family says a simple prayer at mealtime.

We also pray for specific things.

For instance, my wife's 1st cousin had a premature baby last week (26 weeks and weighed 12oz). He was in really bad shape and the prognosis was not good.

We prayed a few times for the baby to improve.

He died late Saturday. My kids were pretty upset, but neither one asked 'Why didn't God save the baby because we prayed for him."

When I pray for specific people (including me) it's usually a request for inner strength or peace when facing troubled times.

It's not usually a request for a major miracle to occur, but that's not to say I wouldn't do that.
Prayer is good, love is the answer.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Never until today, putting together an Ikea drafting table.
(06-06-2016, 06:43 PM)BigMark Wrote: Never until today, putting together an Ikea drafting table.

hah I can see that. I moved a drafting table once and some spring inside it clamped down on my hand. It took 5 min to figure out how to make it let me go.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I do on occasion, when I can't figure it out or when I have created some fuckfest in my life
What midwest spy said.

I have struggled quite a bit in the last few years with spirituality, especially with those who have passed on. I know we have free will and I think God weeps when we weep.
Anyway Midwest explained it pretty good and I like that. I have a friend who has been very sick, I know a prayer won't keep him a live, but I pray for comfort for his family, I pray for comfort for him. Most of the time I don't know what to pray for in this situation.
I am trying to pay attention to those blanket statements of "I'll pray for you" etc etc. What does that mean? And when people say things like, "God spared your place from fire last year" I say, "What about those 3 fire figthers that died?" Is it because someone didn't pray hard enough? So, sometimes the things people say are just things that have always been said, and they are not thinking about what they are really saying.
I'll pray for them!
[Image: AxiCR50.jpg]
Yes, but since I'm agnostic it's not in the sense that I'm invoking a God or a divine being and asking for favors. It's more like Buddhism and meditation where I'm thinking about the well being of myself or mostly others and feel like the divinity is inside each person.

I think sometimes people who aren't religious still feel the need to pray sometimes even though they don't believe there is a miracle man up in the sky, especially in devastating situations. Something I read was that if you feel like praying, then pray, and worry about the theology later. I thought that was good advise.
I have a whole box full of thoughts and prayers people have promised me over the years, I've tried to sell them or give them away but turns out they're valueless and nontransferable. I even tried to recycle one by sending it along to some girl on Facebook who had cancer, but turns out I grabbed the wrong thought and prayer so she died but her team won a playoff game. Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers. Besides, everyone knows God doesn't give out party favors, he mostly smites people and stuff. To get the best swag you gotta ask Satan.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.