Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Yellowstone house of horrors
I was reading about the guy that fell into the hotspring and came across this story.

in 1981, David Kirwan, age 24, and Ronald Ratliff, 25, drove into the park from California. They parked at the Fountain Paint Pot parking lot. While the men observed the hot springs, Ratliff’s Great Dane escaped from the vehicle and ran headlong into Celestine Pool (one of Yellowstone’s roughly 10,000 hot springs, geysers, mudpots, and steam vents). Kirwan approached the edge of the pool, and though bystanders warned him not to, he plunged into the 202 degree water head first in an attempt to save the dog. He reached the dog, then realized it was futile and swam back to shore where Ratliff helped pull him out. As they moved to the sidewalk, Kirwan managed to say, “That was stupid, how bad am I?” Another tourist, Earl Welch, tried to help Kirwan. He could see Kirwan’s entire body was badly burned as the skin was already peeling off. Welch was suddenly overwhelmed with the feeling that he was walking with a corpse. It seemed to Welch that Kirwan was blind, as his eyes were totally white. The man was rushed to a Salt Lake City hospital, where he died the next day. Meanwhile, Ratliff’s dog had disinte-grated, with its fatty oils causing small eruptions in the hot springs for several days.

More stories
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Here's a rendering of this sad event:

[Image: BYpQUuY.jpg]
Yellowstone has had a lot of attention lately, mostly of the Darwin is a Genius variety
I call it the Pendejo factor.

I'm surprised a dog would be so stupid.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
"No one visits a national park expecting death or injury."

I do. I'm not a big nature person. I'd rather visit a big city and eat good food and get drunk and walk around risking someone mugging me than fall off a cliff or get eaten by a beer. Or fall into boiling water.
The brown beers are the worst.
(06-09-2016, 11:52 AM)Maggot Wrote: The brown beers are the worst.

Yes, they even have signs which say, "Watch out for the Brown Beers...Do not Approach."

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-09-2016, 11:45 AM)sally Wrote: "No one visits a national park expecting death or injury."

I do. I'm not a big nature person. I'd rather visit a big city and eat good food and get drunk and walk around risking someone mugging me than fall off a cliff or get eaten by a beer. Or fall into boiling water.

BH is right on the ball today...................Smiley_emoticons_razz
If Trump gets elected he will build a wall to keep all the brown beers out. Only pale ale in America.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(06-09-2016, 05:57 PM)Donovan Wrote: If Trump gets elected he will build a wall to keep all the brown beers out. Only pale ale in America.
I totally support that. Maybe I should vote trump? Brown beers are clearly dangerous and far too sweet for my taste. Trump really will make America great again if this is true. Brown beers are European, about as un-American as you can get. Vote Trump!