Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Banned from competitive swimming / SCHOOL RAPE CASES
Star 
FOR LIFE Karma is a bitch

http://abcnews.go.com/US/usa-swimming-ba...id=abcn_fb

Brock Turner, the former Stanford University swimmer who was convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman on campus, has been banned for life by USA Swimming, the national governing body of competitive swimming.

Although Turner’s membership with the organization expired at the end of 2014, before he committed the crime, the move blocks the 20-year-old from being eligible for one ever again. Swimmers must be a member of USA Swimming to compete in sanctioned events, including the upcoming U.S. Olympic Trials that select the Olympic team every four years.

“USA Swimming condemns the crime and actions committed by Brock Turner, and all acts of sexual misconduct. Brock Turner is not a member of USA Swimming and, should he apply, he would not be eligible for membership,” USA Swimming spokesman Scott Leightman said in a statement obtained by ABC News today. “Had he been a member, he would have been subject to the USA Swimming Code of Conduct. USA Swimming strictly prohibits and has zero tolerance for sexual misconduct, with firm Code of Conduct policies in place, and severe penalties, including a permanent ban of membership, for those who violate the Code of Conduct.”

I've read about this kid. The judge gave him 6 months! People are pissed around the country and there is a petition to have the judge removed from the bench. VP Biden has even mentioned the victim.

Brock raped her while she was unconscious. Two Swedish exchange students intervened. In court Brock described himself as the victim saying the Swedes attacked him. Brock's father portrayed him as a victim as well, a pastor called him out on it.

I understand parents standing by their children, but it is despicable the way this boy's family have tried to paint him as a sympathetic figure. He raped an unconscious young woman. It was reported he took pictures of her before or after the rape and sent them to his swim team. I haven't tried to verify that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Read in a related article that in a case now before the judge, there is an issue because potential jurors are asking to be excused from the case because of HIM and the sentence he gave the rapist
over 1 million names on the petition to recall this judge, what an asshole
Love that the judge did not want the assholes life to be "ruined forever"/ What about the girl? Yep, lets blame the victim and make the rapist a hero

The Pastor said this to Brock's father. (It reminded me of Maggot).

"You love your son and you should. But love him enough to teach him to own the terrible decisions he’s made, to pay the debt to society as prescribed, and then to find a redemptive path to walk, doing the great work in the world that you say he will."
What was the reasoning the Judge gave for such a lite sentence?
(06-10-2016, 05:41 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: What was the reasoning the Judge gave for such a lite sentence?

Judge Persky said that Brock's age and lack of criminal history made him feel that imposing a 6 month sentence and probation was appropriate. Judge Persky went on to say that having a prison sentence would have a severe impact on him and he thinks Brock won't be a danger to others.
The survivor read her 'victim impact statement' in court.

I agree with the millions who've read it and consider her a very brave woman whose words are inspiring a necessary public discussion and outrage surrounding the rampant rape culture on college campuses.

It's a long but very powerful statement which really helps to promote understanding of how something so terrible happens so often and what it does to the victim.

Here's the statement: https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/he....gnmK4D52r
An Open Letter to a Courageous Young Woman -- by Vice President of the United States, Joe Biden

Snip:

I do not know your name—but your words are forever seared on my soul. Words that should be required reading for men and women of all ages.

Words that I wish with all of my heart you never had to write.

I am in awe of your courage for speaking out—for so clearly naming the wrongs that were done to you and so passionately asserting your equal claim to human dignity.

And I am filled with furious anger—both that this happened to you and that our culture is still so broken that you were ever put in the position of defending your own worth.

It must have been wrenching—to relive what he did to you all over again. But you did it anyway, in the hope that your strength might prevent this crime from happening to someone else. Your bravery is breathtaking.

You are a warrior—with a solid steel spine.

You were failed by a culture on our college campuses where one in five women is sexually assaulted—year after year after year. A culture that promotes passivity. That encourages young men and women on campuses to simply turn a blind eye.

The statistics on college sexual assault haven’t gone down in the past two decades. It’s obscene, and it’s a failure that lies at all our feet.

You have shaken untold thousands out of the torpor and indifference towards sexual violence that allows this problem to continue.

Your words will help people you have never met and never will.

You have given them the strength they need to fight.

And so, I believe, you will save lives.

I do not know your name—but I will never forget you.

The millions who have been touched by your story will never forget you.

Full Biden letter: http://www.motherjones.com/media/2016/06...al-assault
--------------------

The woman's 'victim impact statement' will be read aloud in its entirety on the Congressional floor next week.
I love Joe Biden. Elect him for President!

Thank you for sharing his letter HotD, I hadn't seen it yet, only heard about it. That girl is amazing and brave and so spot on, and the parent of that boy and his enitire family-they need to shut up, admit wrong doing and ask for forgiveness.

Brock Turner has been granted an early release and will only serve 3 months of his paltry 6 month sentence.
(Probably too soon...)

[Image: ZVxXbeR.png]
(06-11-2016, 07:00 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: (Probably too soon...)

[Image: ZVxXbeR.png]

PERFECT
I read somewhere today that he does have a history of drug related incidents on the college campus.
(06-11-2016, 11:58 PM)Love Child Wrote: I read somewhere today that he does have a history of drug related incidents on the college campus.

He is one of so very many with similar backgrounds.

I have hope, finally, that the future Brock's of this world will be treated, socially and legally, like the predatory rapists they are -- without getting a free pass for simply being college students and/or athletes in a 'party' environment.

In my opinion, it's not possible to overestimate how much his victim's strength and honesty in describing her experience has helped elevate awareness and understanding of the campus rape epidemic in our country.

Not only has she proven that coming forward and pressing charges can result in a conviction (albeit one with an insufficient sentence in this case), the unintended national exposure that her words have commanded has put current and would-be rapists on notice and gotten the country's top lawmakers to wake up.

I agree with Joe Biden (I too am an admirer of his) -- she's a warrior and I won't forget her either.

[Image: ex-stanford_swimmer_rape.jpg?quality=90&...441&crop=1]
^ A 2015 Stanford demonstration at orientation for new students; good for those demonstrators.

Tomorrow, at their walking ceremony, graduates of Stanford University will be protesting the light sentence given to the rapist and expressing their full support of the woman he violently violated. Right on.

I think if this young man were black we wouldn't even be having this discussion, he'd be incarcerated for years and no one would be taking issue with his sentence.
(06-12-2016, 05:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I think if this young man were black we wouldn't even be having this discussion, he'd be incarcerated for years and no one would be taking issue with his sentence.

Your assessment is spot on.
(06-12-2016, 05:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:

UNLESS the black college student accused of rape is an athlete for the school. Too many times they also get off lightly.
That's true, punishment should fit the crime if this kid got off light by being banned Kobe should have been banned from basketball.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.