Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
COULD YOU HANDLE IT?
(06-12-2016, 04:12 PM)Donovan Wrote: And now we have the Florida shooting and the LA attempt to drive the point home with a sledgehammer.

Yeah as if gays didn't already have it hard enough now they have to put up with ISIS 78. News flash, ISIS targets anyone that doesn't share their beliefs, this target just happened to be a gay club. I'm sure there were some heterosexuals among the killed and injured also.

I don't think ISIS recruited this guy. I think he hated gays.

Maybe I'll learn differently but for now I think he found homosexuals abhorrent and there were no ties to ISIS other than him blathering about them in the 911 call.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Everyone already knows how I feel. But I must comment about the whole blood vs adopted grandchildren thing. Real issue...a friend of mine remarried. She had one child from first asshole..oops mean husband. Anyway, she and new hubby wanted a child, but doe to medical issues, she was no longer able to have a child. So, she and hubby decided to adopt a baby boy. Hubby;s family as much as said they would not accept him as a grandchild, because he was not a REAL *****last name here***. For many years, they obviously favored their blood grandchildren. Sad.
(06-12-2016, 05:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't think ISIS recruited this guy. I think he hated gays.

Maybe I'll learn differently but for now I think he found homosexuals abhorrent and there were no ties to ISIS other than him blathering about them in the 911 call.

Maybe it's just a coincidence that he's Muslim, on an FBI watch list and claimed to pledge to ISIS.
(06-12-2016, 05:50 PM)sally Wrote: Maybe it's just a coincidence that he's Muslim, on an FBI watch list and claimed to pledge to ISIS.

It doesn't change how I feel. I don't care if you jump to conclusions though.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Regardless of the guy's professed motives, the fact remains that and lbgt communities are are the short list of targeted groups whenever some nut or bunch of zealots has an axe to grind. There are a shitload of crowded places in Orlando just as easy to shoot up. That dude was hunting gay people. His dad even said he claimed some gay dudes had been kissing in front of him and his family and pissed him off a couple days ago. Dunno how true it is but gays were on his mind.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(06-11-2016, 06:22 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 05:24 PM)Donovan Wrote: Honest feelings are honest. But the thing Blueberry hill spoke about are the very things that make me understand if my son came out as gay it wouldn't be because he chose it, it would be because it was what he was. There is still plenty of mindless unreasoning hate in the world for something that is no one else's concern. People targeted or beaten or vilified or even killed for just the suspicion of being gay. I'll be damned if my son or anyone's is going to see my voice added to those others he will face. I prefer to be the proud father standing next to him daring the first son of a bitch to go ahead and say something. See what happens.

I am happy that u feel this way....more people should...

My disclaimer in my comment says, I selfishly would do the following......I am quite aware of what I said and I stand by every word.....it was not a putdown, a discriminatory remark, or anything else, but my own selfish feelings which I stated. Get over it..... although you see yourself as the savior of all mankind......you do understand that being gay is not a choice, don't you? You have me all confused and you shouldn't confuse ole' ladies......O.K. you are a better person than me.....and....does that make you happy, now?

Sally, you are right on point. Again selfishly, I want a blood grandchild.....but wait, I do have 6 grandchildren and another one due in Sep.......but, even if gay or lesbian couples use their own eggs/sperm, the other partner has to legally adopt the child born into this union. I didn't know we were going to get so fucking analytical. You can be my legal assistant, o.k.? I am going to have to confer with a book on law before I ever make another comment.......

Today's posts have been fun to read (well, aside from the crime-related ones).

First, I read Duchess' trolling action in the Trump dump downstairs.

Then, I read what you wrote above and the responses to it, blueberry. I don't know if I've ever read such an awesome and effective infliction of on-line guilt trippin' before. I effin' love it.
I don't mind gay people I believe they can be anything they want to be they are human just like anyone else, its the flamboyant ones that shove it in your face that make me feel uncomfortable same as a hetro couple practically screwing in a park. Keep that shit in the bedroom people!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.