Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
BBQ'S
I'm doing a pork shoulder at some point this week.
I want to grill a big chunk of meat. It could be hippo meat or even giraffe I'm not really caring that much.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It feels odd to be cooking on a grill in a snowstorm in the middle of April.

Odd maybe but seriously crazy cool. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-16-2018, 12:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: It feels odd to be cooking on a grill in a snowstorm in the middle of April.

That's what many have to do when the power goes out! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(04-16-2018, 12:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: It feels odd to be cooking on a grill in a snowstorm in the middle of April.
It was in the 90's this weekend here. I did a 4 lb slab of salmon on cedar planks with an apple wood smoke. Quite honestly the best salmon i've ever had, let alone BBQ'ed. We just harvested our dill, and the fresh dill along with a garlic and rosemary olive oil that i've been steeping for the last 2 months really set it off.
Also, last night I tried Lawrey's Chipotle lime marinade on some chicken (also apple wood smoke) and it was off the hook. I added some fresh lime juice while it was resting. I will definitely do that again.
Memorial day is coming. My sons in the parade playing his saxophone, I'm off work wed.thurs fri and mon. A day to get the pool running and the BBQ will be a huge part of the weekend. Not sure what to cook yet though. Lobster is out that stuff is like 15.00 a pound now.
I finally bought a new grill! I complained for years so I broke down and got one. It's not nearly as beautiful as the Jenn-Air but after that fiasco I refused to spend that kind of money on another grill.
Now your talkin! A grill is usually only good for 3 years or so then it just falls apart even the good ones. All the snow is almost gone and the ice on the pool is almost gone! [Image: FvJ2GPv.gif]
Grill time today, now the question is what do I cook. Hmmmmm. Sometimes I look in the flyers from the paper to get ideas.
I've been wanting to try some shrimp on the grill. This should be my motivation to get on the ball. SALLLLYYYYYYYY! Look into that, would you?   Love3
Barbecuing, or not!

Bill and his wife were working in their garden one day when Bill looks over at his wife and says, "Your butt is getting really big.

I bet your butt is even bigger than the "barbecue."

With that he proceeded to get a measuring tape and measured the grill and then went over to where his wife was working and measured his wife's bottom.

"Yes, I was right, your butt is two inches wider than the barbecue!"

The wife chose to ignore the husband.

Later that night in bed Bill was feeling a little frisky.

He makes some advances towards his wife who completely brushes him off.

"What's wrong?" he asks.
>
>
>
>

She answers, "Do you really think I'm going to fire up this big-ass grill for one little weenie!  hah

I could really go for some shrimp stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos, wrapped in bacon and grilled.
Or kebabs fresh off the grill with pita bread.
Or spatchcock chicken, but that's going way over your infidel brains. Or should I say alleged brains?
(07-27-2019, 04:21 PM)Carsman Wrote: Barbecuing, or not!

Bill and his wife were working in their garden one day when Bill looks over at his wife and says, "Your butt is getting really big.

I bet your butt is even bigger than the "barbecue."

With that he proceeded to get a measuring tape and measured the grill and then went over to where his wife was working and measured his wife's bottom.

"Yes, I was right, your butt is two inches wider than the barbecue!"

The wife chose to ignore the husband.

Later that night in bed Bill was feeling a little frisky.

He makes some advances towards his wife who completely brushes him off.

"What's wrong?" he asks.
>
>
>
>

She answers, "Do you really think I'm going to fire up this big-ass grill for one little weenie!  hah
I like that one.
wrong thread  Russian
(07-28-2019, 07:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: wrong thread  Russian

That's OK, it's just OASI! hah

Actually I need to get a new grill.

I had to have my old grill (only 4-1/2 or so years old, they don't make em like they used to) removed by a rubbish removal company.

The grill was too big for me to get rid of it. As I had it delivered new, and now removed.

I'm looking to get a small 2 burner grill, not like the 4 large burners grill, with a side burner for pots that I had.

Unfortunately, I'm a procrastinator, so by the time I get one, the season may be over for most.

However, I BBQ right through November, (even wearing a coat when need be) till we go South. So . .