Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Victim Blaming
(06-30-2016, 01:41 AM)Love Child Wrote: The point I was trying to make BG is that you probably have never had to give these things a second thought.

Being the father of a daughter I can tell you WE DO think about this a lot
(06-30-2016, 10:45 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I have an 18 year old daughter, so yeah, I've thought about it quite a bit. It's also why I posted this thread.

My brother with five girls and one boy always said, with the boy he only had to worry about one penis, with the girls he had to worry about all penises.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I've never worried that if my clothes are too revealing (I don't go around dressed like a hooker anyway) or if I accept a drink from a guy that I could be raped. Men have bought both me and my husband rounds of drinks at the bar and I don't think they wanted to fuck him. What women shouldn't be doing is getting shit faced in the bar and overly friendly with strange men, like in that Jodi Foster movie. I'm not saying they deserve to be raped, but they are putting themselves in that situation.
(06-30-2016, 01:41 AM)Love Child Wrote: I wasn't taught to be a bad ass growing up

Me either but I was the only girl and raised with all boys. I don't consider myself a badass, I'm more of a barker than a biter. Online I'm a faux badass but that's only to keep from being eaten alive and I'm not even much into that anymore.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-30-2016, 05:18 PM)sally Wrote: What women shouldn't be doing is getting shit faced in the bar and overly friendly with strange men, like in that Jodi Foster movie. I'm not saying they deserve to be raped, but they are putting themselves in that situation.

I agree that people must be careful of the situations they put themselves in, I think the thread was geared towards those that probably did not put themselves in this sort of situation and were assaulted anyway, and the courts, the police, society, family ask the victim these stupid questions of what they were doing-
The blame needs to be on the rapist, what were they doing before they raped? How much did they have to drink? What were they wearing? Not a t-shirt that said "I rape people" that is for sure.

Some people argue that rape isn't even about sex, it's about power & control.
She heard the faint footsteps behind her getting louder as she picked up the pace. The cold air pricked at her legs as she swiftly darted to the left taking the shortcut to her apartment. The alley was dark but it was the fastest way home and soon she would be safe behind the hallway locked door. The figure following her became clearer as she picked up the pace. As she walked she thumbed the cap of her mace can in her purse and was ready to use it at a moments notice. The figure was close now she could hear his breathing and could almost smell the perspiration trickling down his neck.
There it was! The steps to her Brookline apartment one step, two steps then suddenly her arm was grabbed and as she was pulled down the steps, her other hand came up and randomly began to spray the mace in the direction of the her attacker. It was only then that she realized her fatal mistake, the green silly string hung in strands from his half shaven face as he laughed............
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-01-2016, 02:05 AM)Love Child Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 05:18 PM)sally Wrote: What women shouldn't be doing is getting shit faced in the bar and overly friendly with strange men, like in that Jodi Foster movie. I'm not saying they deserve to be raped, but they are putting themselves in that situation.

I agree that people must be careful of the situations they put themselves in, I think the thread was geared towards those that probably did not put themselves in this sort of situation and were assaulted anyway, and the courts, the police, society, family ask the victim these stupid questions of what they were doing-
The blame needs to be on the rapist, what were they doing before they raped? How much did they have to drink? What were they wearing? Not a t-shirt that said "I rape people" that is for sure.
Precisely. And Duchess is right in most cases rape isn't about sex at all. Most of your sex crimes aren't about sex at all. The only variable there are the college kids (usually athletes), Bill Cosby and angry blue ball drunks. I think for them it is about the sex to some degree, but I could be wrong there too.
Saw a sick fucking story today about a Saudi Arabian woman who went out without a male relative as is law, was with a male friend to retrieve a photograph. Two other men kidnapped them, took them to a location where both were gang raped. The result? Both she and the young man were convicted and sentenced to 200 lashes with a whip and 6 months in jail. Suddenly shaming someone of Facebook isn't quite such an over reaction. Fuck.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Barbaric rules that I don't see ever changing.
I want to spray Duchess with silly string. Smiley_emoticons_smile

It's on now, pal. You've forced me to break out my Super Soaker.

Good times!
There must have been 10 kids running around my yard today shooting each other with those things. 2 were mine 3 were from across the street but I'll be jiggered if I know who the other freakazoids were.

Tis good, harmless fun. I like to nail unsuspecting people, but only those I know I can run faster than, otherwise I'm getting thrown in the horse pool.