Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do all black lives matter, or only those killed by cops?
I propose they stop stealing and killing, that should go a long way to fixing things
(07-14-2016, 03:39 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I propose they stop stealing and killing, that should go a long way to fixing things

Less crime would, of course, be positive.

But, I haven't seen anyone complaining or protesting about criminals of any color being killed by police in the commission of armed robbery or murder.

- 14 year old Andy Lopez wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot multiple times by police while carrying a toy gun.

- 12 year old Tamir Rice wasn't stealing or killing when he was gunned down by police while playing with a toy gun.

- Unarmed 19 year old Dylan Noble wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot 4 times by police.

- Philando Castile wasn't stealing or killing when he was gunned down by police while legally carrying a permitted gun.

- Unarmed Walter Scott wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot in the back five times by a police officer.

- LaQuan McDonald wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot 16 times in 13 seconds by a police officer, most of those shots coming when he was lying still in the street.

- Eric Garner wasn't stealing or killing when he died after complaining he couldn't breathe while being restrained by several NYPD officers.

- Schizophrenic Kelly Thomas wasn't stealing or killing when he was beaten to a bloody pulp and complaining he couldn't breathe while crying out for his dad to help him.

- 6 year old Jeremy Mardis was not stealing or killing when he was shot multiple times by off duty cops working as city marshals.

-Eric Harris wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot to death by a pay-for-play volunteer deputy who mistook his revolver for his taser gun while Harris was fully restrained by police officers.

The list goes on. In several of those cases, the police floated false narratives that were contradicted when video of the incidents surfaced. Some of the cops involved were clearly trigger happy or otherwise using excessive force, as was acknowledged by their own departments. Some of the cops involved may have been too nervous or untrained and created a lethal situation by incorrectly approaching the scene or panicking.

Better police assessment and de-escalation training, police body cams, better screening and more accountability for police officers...would help minimize similar unnecessary deaths of people of all colors at the hands of police. I don't think it's reasonable for anyone to object to those kind of reforms.

Note: I do acknowledge that some of the cops in other high-profile cases (Michael Brown, for example, in my opinion) were likely following procedure / training and truly defending themselves from a real or reasonably-perceived life threat when they used lethal force.
Maggot, I don't want you to think that I have forgotten you during the whole #BlackLivesMatter movement.

I have thought of you many times. I am now posting this to lift your spirits. You will be able now to sing along to Ice T's song "Cop Killer" in a style that will be palatable for you. You are very welcome!  hah

(07-14-2016, 05:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 03:39 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I propose they stop stealing and killing, that should go a long way to fixing things

Less crime would, of course, be positive. 

But, I haven't seen anyone complaining or protesting about criminals of any color being killed by police in the commission of armed robbery or murder. 

- 14 year old Andy Lopez wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot multiple times by police while carrying a toy gun. 

- 12 year old Tamir Rice wasn't stealing or killing when he was gunned down by police while playing with a toy gun. 

- Unarmed 19 year old Dylan Noble wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot 4 times by police. 

- Philando Castile wasn't stealing or killing when he was gunned down by police while legally carrying a permitted gun. 

- Unarmed Walter Scott wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot in the back five times by a police officer.

- LaQuan McDonald wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot 16 times in 13 seconds by a police officer, most of those shots coming when he was lying still in the street. 

- Eric Garner wasn't stealing or killing when he died after complaining he couldn't breathe while being restrained by several NYPD officers.

- Schizophrenic Kelly Thomas wasn't stealing or killing when he was beaten to a bloody pulp and complaining he couldn't breathe while crying out for his dad to help him.

- 6 year old Jeremy Mardis was not stealing or killing when he was shot multiple times by off duty cops working as city marshals. 

-Eric Harris wasn't stealing or killing when he was shot to death by a pay-for-play volunteer deputy who mistook his revolver for his taser gun while Harris was fully restrained by police officers.

The list goes on.  In several of those cases, the police floated false narratives that were contradicted when video of the incidents surfaced. Some of the cops involved were clearly trigger happy or otherwise using excessive force, as was acknowledged by their own departments.  Some of the cops involved may have been too nervous or untrained and created a lethal situation by incorrectly approaching the scene or panicking. 

Better police assessment and de-escalation training, police body cams, better screening and more accountability for police officers...would help minimize similar unnecessary deaths of people of all colors at the hands of police.  I don't think it's reasonable for anyone to object to those kind of reforms.

Note:  I do acknowledge that some of the cops in other high-profile cases (Michael Brown, for example, in my opinion) were likely following procedure / training and truly defending themselves from a real or reasonably-perceived life threat when they used lethal force.

Goddamn I love you, woman.

Have you ever noticed that you sometimes don't get a response after presenting facts?   hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
SixFooterz, who is "they". What the fuck stupid statement is that?

That smacks of racist accusation. They are people crying out in despair, and the whole world is shocked and watching. We in other countries are not immune from our own racism, but what we witnessed with George Floyd as well as someone falling asleep in a drive thru, was MUR-DER.

The white South Africans were carrying on like that before the rest of the world toed them into line. Beko written by Peter Gabriel is a song about same such thing.

What George Floyd's life has done, it has exposed your pitiful mindset. You guys have been having a MURDER rampage for clearly a long time and now things have to change.

Maybe you feel justified because you are a non college educated white male. You are certainly in that demographic of Trump's base.
She got arrested for that. I don't ever see any sane people pulling guns on others, I only see the pearl clutching nutjobs doing it.
Her pulling a gun was shocking but holy shit, those two assholes were not going to stop harassing her. I remember seeing the video minus his commentary and I almost hoped the white woman would punch one of them in the mouth... they were fucking relentless over a really insignificant and possibly made up encounter.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
(07-16-2020, 10:44 PM)BigMark Wrote:
That's the definition of nigger to me, black people that act like scumbags. Why not just call them scumbags then? Well because they deserve to be called the worst name possible and nigger it is.
Shit! I didn't watch the video. I wrongly assumed it was the video I had already seen, and while it was, this one had waaaay more background than the one I first saw. I did not know all that went down. That'll teach me!
People are going around trying to push your buttons then become professional victims.