Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Drunken Cheddar Heads.
WOW, Hard to believe I live right across the state line from Wisconsin and never knew this. Drink-em-up children.

http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/confus...inking-law

GREEN BAY, Wisc. (WFRV) The Brown County Tavern League is reaching out to officials after citations are issued for underage drinking.

According to Brown County Tavern League President Sue Robinson, it's a battle they've been fighting for years.

"We've been going in a circle around the county for a good 10-15 years now. Where the question gets confused, people will think between the age of 18 and 21 these people can't enter with their parents because they're now an adult. That's not the case and I think how it gets confused is people are not looking up the definitions."

Robinson pointed to Wisconsin State Statute which says anyone underage is allowed inside a bar with their parent, legal guardian or spouse of legal age and can consume alcohol. The statute clearly defines "underage" as anyone under 21.

According to Robinson, even law enforcement is getting the definition confused. She says citations are being issued for underage drinking in bars, when that just shouldn't be. People are paying the fines without knowing their legal right.

"If you don't want to serve those people under 21, you surely don't have to. But if you want to, you can. I hate to see our courts tied up with tickets that shouldn't have even been written and people wasting time away from work fighting these tickets. It just needs to be corrected."

Even further confusion came recently when a local law enforcement agency held a seminar to educate people on the law and gave out inaccurate information. Robinson says the state had to step in to correct the problem.

Wisconsin does not have a minimum drinking age. That means even if a 5-year-old goes in the bar with his/her parent or legal guardian, he/she can also drink. The bar owner, of course, always has the right to refusal.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
That's the way they do it in Europe. I was shocked when they were offering my then 13 and 17 year old kids alcohol. They even offered it to them on the flight there and back and I told them to just take the drink and give it to me.
(07-14-2016, 08:50 PM)sally Wrote: That's the way they do it in Europe. I was shocked when they were offering my then 13 and 17-year-old kids alcohol. They even offered it to them on the flight there and back, and I told them just to take the drink and give it to me.

Same with Halloween candy- yet I like your way of parenting even better.
I know Italy considers it perfectly fine for kids to have wine with dinner. They have little vino juice boxes even.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I was in Stockholm, WI on Friday.

Population 66.

I kid not.

As I was nearing town I needed a liquor store and thought, even with just 66 people in town there's a high likelihood of at least 2 bars and one liquor store.

I was right.
Quite a few towns are like that usually one laundrymat and a pizza joint too.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.