Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RIO OLYMPICS
I'd be great at breaking my fucking neck.
Biles is positively amazing! An out standing athlete.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(08-13-2016, 09:45 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It's hard for tme o even comprehend doing their routines (even if I was 22 years old again).

I'd have zero chance of doing them.

Amazing stuff.

You're never too old to try.

Do it (and film it), MS!

It would be amazing to watch you strutting your stuff in one of those little leotards with your thighs all powered-up. Awink

Dooooo iiiittttttt! Respect-applause
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't even know which I'd try first.

Beam would scare me to death and floor would absolutely kill me (real death).
(08-13-2016, 02:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: and floor would absolutely kill me (real death).

Well that's what the powder is for, so you don't get rug burn doing a somersault on the living room floor. You should probably have your kids demonstrate it for you first.
(08-13-2016, 02:37 PM)sally Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 02:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: and floor would absolutely kill me (real death).

Well that's what the powder is for, so you don't get rug burn doing a somersault on the living room floor. You should probably have your kids demonstrate it for you first.

My daughter is in gymnastics now and my wife was a gymnast through high school.

They both admit that they wouldn't want to try what those women are doing.
It seems like all those girls are tiny too. Maybe the shorter stature helps?
Why can they use professional basketball players?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-14-2016, 10:07 AM)Maggot Wrote: Why can they use professional basketball players?

In 1988 the IOC began allowing professional athletes to participate. They decided that excluding pro athletes made the games less interesting, less competitive and less fair. It also helped that the Olympics were big business by that point, with television rights fees, sponsorship money and similar sources of income. Having huge, marquee-level celebrity athletes brought in lots more money. There you have it - money.

CNN is reporting that swimmer Ryan Lochte and three teammates were robbed at gunpoint. It was said the robber put the gun to Ryan's forehead.
Despite the Zika concerns, crime risks, and organizational snafus, the Rio Olympics have been great in terms of performances.

[Image: 57b11d2d170000ae02c731e1.jpeg?cache=lekedqabcg]
Jamaiican Usain Bolt once again ran right past his competition.

Bolt is the first runner to win the gold in the 100 meter in three consecutive Olympic competitions -- 2008, 2012, 2016.

He has announced that he'll be retiring after the two remaining races of these Olympics. So far, he has 7 gold medals to his name.
American gymnast Simone Biles also made history today when she won the vault competition. She is the first American to win gold in the female vault competition.

[Image: 57b0bccc170000ae02c73145.jpeg]
(08-15-2016, 01:54 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: American gymnast Simone Biles also made history today when she won the vault competition. She is the first American to win gold in the female vault competition.

[Image: 57b0bccc170000ae02c73145.jpeg]

I've said it before, and now again, she is positively amazing!
She is not only making her mom proud, she is making America as well. Well done!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(08-14-2016, 12:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 10:07 AM)Maggot Wrote: Why can they use professional basketball players?

In 1988 the IOC began allowing professional athletes to participate. They decided that excluding pro athletes made the games less interesting, less competitive and less fair. It also helped that the Olympics were big business by that point, with television rights fees, sponsorship money and similar sources of income. Having huge, marquee-level celebrity athletes brought in lots more money. There you have it - money.
There was also the point made that other countries were using professional athletes for years. They weren't playing team sports, but their only "job" was to train for Olympic competition. They did not want for food clothing or shelter, so basically their countries were paying them to compete.
(08-15-2016, 08:15 AM)Carsman Wrote: She is not only making her mom proud, she is making America as well. Well done!

Her mother may very well be proud but she was raised by her grandparents. Her mother is a druggie and her children were taken from her more than once. Her grandparents loved and nurtured her and after her step-grandmother did well financially she had a training center built for her near their home. It's a lovely human interest story.
(08-15-2016, 12:20 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 12:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

There was also the point made that other countries were using professional athletes for years. They weren't playing team sports, but their only "job" was to train for Olympic competition. They did not want for food clothing or shelter, so basically their countries were paying them to compete.
BG said it, but also I think there was the issue of players who were starting to come here in larger numbers and were still allowed to go home and represent, while ours weren't. Add to that our very best athletes choosing to forego amateur status for earlier entry to the NBA and big money, and the writing was on the wall. Really guys like Kobe kinda knocked that first domino over in a lot of ways.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I see there was no money to be made unless the game received more attention. Got it. hah
Well it is all about dat money.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Its got to be hot playing volley ball in these things. The Iranian women's volleyball team.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M90a431acd5d3c89bcd86136cfcd7c...&W=160&P=0]

[Image: th?id=OIP.M9d800aec7c2b6ad6b4913417f64d5...&W=160&P=0]