SMOKE ALARM
(08-10-2016, 12:40 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 11:31 AM)sally Wrote: And the sound level is ridiculous, does it really have to be loud enough to result in hearing loss. They could take it down a few decibels and I'd still hear it and so would the neighbors and everyone else on the block.

They have to be loud as hell, most fires get started at night and a shitload of people sleep like the dead. I ain't one of them, I hear crickets fart outside and wake up.
But I know some people do
We have what is called the Wail. And our fire system is very sensitive. If someone takes a shower and forgets to turn a fan on or open a window the Wail will go off and alert everyone around.
And then even though we might know the cause we still have to search and go through the drill-so the loud sound/siren won't go off until we have enough searchers.
We have been woken up at all hours, and in the snow. When there is a 3 or 4 AM alarm and I am in a deep sleep, I wake up, get out of bed, get dressed and go to the muster site but I am not fully awake. It is kind of freaky.
We have a landline because it comes with her cable package. But we never ever use it. And the phone doesn't belong in the bathroom.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(08-11-2016, 02:14 AM)Love Child Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 12:40 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 11:31 AM)sally Wrote: And the sound level is ridiculous, does it really have to be loud enough to result in hearing loss. They could take it down a few decibels and I'd still hear it and so would the neighbors and everyone else on the block.

They have to be loud as hell, most fires get started at night and a shitload of people sleep like the dead. I ain't one of them, I hear crickets fart outside and wake up.
But I know some people do
We have what is called the Wail. And our fire system is very sensitive. If someone takes a shower and forgets to turn a fan on or open a window the Wail will go off and alert everyone around.
And then even though we might know the cause we still have to search and go through the drill-so the loud sound/siren won't go off until we have enough searchers.
We have been woken up at all hours, and in the snow. When there is a 3 or 4 AM alarm and I am in a deep sleep, I wake up, get out of bed, get dressed and go to the muster site but I am not fully awake. It is kind of freaky.

I guess the one standing there naked is the quilty party.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.