Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Assholes in the news
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: Assholes in the news

(12-07-2017 06:09 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  Hopefully his sentence will be short

You mean you hope he won't last long in prison? I think Nassar will have a hard time in prison.

[Image: ca7a722ae066110edea3c77509f6420b]

He cried like the cowardly POS that he is when some of his victims -- all children when he began molesting them after gaining their trust and the trust of their parents -- read their victim impact statements at his sentencing trial this week. Nassar admits to being a serial child molester, but says he's really very sorry. Crying-into-tissue

The judge essentially told him to suck it up; that his mental anguish is nothing compared to that he inflicted on 140+ young female gymnasts, dancers, and sports enthusiasts......under the guise of it being "medical treatment".

The University of Michigan and USA Gymnastics organization are both under fire for ignoring all kinds of red flags and/or ignoring many complaints against Nassar for two decades. Some are comparing it to the Sandusky scandal at Penn State, though Nassar's abuses were far more abundant and the press coverage hasn't been as widespread.

I STILL see some people commenting that they don't care because the victims should have come forward sooner or because they got settlements in turn for NDAs. Stupid. They were vulnerable kids with a lot of pressure on them, Nassar was a master manipulator, the predator drugged some of them before the abuse, and many of them did complain and were brushed off.

On the plus side, there's a lot less of that victim bashing bullshit than used to be case. Maybe because our culture is changing for the better when it comes to understanding true sexual assault. Or, maybe because those bashing nitwits are less apt to insist that 12-year-old kids must be money grubbers, groupies, or probably liked it.

Anyway, it was good to see him get 60 years in prison.

Refs:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/j...dge-letter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...assar.html

01-19-2018 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

Chrissy Teigen offered to pay the fine for one of the girls who wanted to talk but felt held back by the NDA she had signed. It didn't come to that though.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
01-19-2018 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(01-19-2018 12:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Chrissy Teigen offered to pay the fine for one of the girls who wanted to talk but felt held back by the NDA she had signed. It didn't come to that though.

Chrissy Teigen sometimes really gets on my nerves.

But I applauded her when she promised to the pay the $100,000 penalty for Kyla Maroney if the gold-medal winning gymnast chose to share her story.

I believe Teigen's public outrage and support helped push USA Gymnastics into declaring that there would be no fine for breaking the NDA because the organization is (now) so concerned about the well-being of its members.

01-19-2018 12:30 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I know somebody started a thread about this after the initial crash, but I can't seem to find it so I'm posting the update here.

[Image: chattanooga2.jpg?quality=85&stri...amp;crop=1]

A former Tennessee school bus driver was found guilty Thursday of six counts of criminally negligent homicide in a wreck that killed six children.

A Hamilton County Criminal Court jury convicted Johnthony Walker of lesser charges in the Nov. 21, 2016, crash in Chattanooga. He had been charged with vehicular homicide.

He also was convicted of 11 counts of reckless aggravated assault and seven counts of assault, reckless endangerment, reckless driving and using his phone.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/johnthony-w...tennessee/

03-02-2018 11:13 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I was reading about that yesterday, he was on his phone ............I really get pissed at people that do that, they can cut me off, turn suddenly, stop quick I don't care. The phone thing really bugs me.

Looking at his picture, he should get jail time just for that hair.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
03-02-2018 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

Unibomber 2.0?

Some asshole in Austin, Texas is leaving packages which detonate upon opening outside front doors in the city.

[Image: House_1520912884400_13555173_ver1.0.jpg?...lor=000000]
The first explosion occurred on March 2nd and killed 39-year old Anthony Stephan House ^. RIP.

Then, yesterday, two more explosive parcels went off about 12 miles from House's home.

The first one killed a 17-year-old boy and and seriously wounded an adult woman.

The second one seriously injured a 75-year-old woman.

Investigators are considering whether race was a factor because the first victims are black and the elderly woman is Hispanic.

There were also some explosions near the South by Southwest festival yesterday; it brings thousands of tourists into Austin. It's not clear yet if they're linked to the parcel bombings.

Governor Abbott announced that A $15,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest. Residents are advised not to open unmarked or suspicious looking packages and call 911.

03-13-2018 04:02 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

I have some friends at SBSW. They were talking about this on FB. I don't think they're connected.

03-14-2018 10:46 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

It looks like the same MO if it was gang related it would be a bit more messy. I bet they do find a common link though. When I first heard about it I thought of retaliation from a gang or something for a family member pissing them off no matter how distant they were.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
03-14-2018 11:14 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(03-14-2018 11:14 AM)Maggot Wrote:  It looks like the same MO if it was gang related it would be a bit more messy. I bet they do find a common link though. When I first heard about it I thought of retaliation from a gang or something for a family member pissing them off no matter how distant they were.
SBSW isn't so much a gang thing though. It's a music festival of sorts. If it is related and it's racial, SBSW wouldn't be a sure bet. A lot of white folks there.

03-14-2018 11:54 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

Wouldn't make much sense to take out the long hair crackers

03-14-2018 11:55 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-14-2018 10:46 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  I have some friends at SBSW. They were talking about this on FB. I don't think they're connected.

LE seems to share your opinion and have pretty much ruled out the festival explosions as being connected to the parcel bombings.

[Image: 180313201225-draylen-mason-austin-victim...us-169.jpg]
^ The 17-year-old fatal victim of Monday's parcel bombings has now been identified as Draylen Mason. Rest in peace.

Draylen was described by police and loved ones as a talented student and bass player accepted into the selective Butler School of Music at the University of Texas at Austin.

His mother was injured in the blast. She's in stable condition today.

The 75-year-old woman injured in the other parcel bomb on Monday is reportedly still in critical condition.

Ref: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/us/austin...index.html

03-15-2018 01:42 PM

Tammy75 Offline
Mocker

I hope this b%tch not only loses custody of her kids but serves every single minute of any sentence she may receive.

http://www.heraldcourier.com/news/women-...3a871.html

03-17-2018 10:52 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Another parcel bomb went off last night in Austin and seriously injured two men in their 20s. Fortunately, the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

[Image: explosions-in-austin.jpg?w=640&h=360]

Snip:
In a press conference before sunrise Monday morning, interim Police Chief Brian Manley said a tripwire mechanism might have been used in the most recent blast. And the most recent explosion occurred in a different area of the city — southwest Austin instead of East Austin like the three prior bombings.

“It is very possible that this device was activated by someone either handling, kicking or coming in contact with a tripwire that activated the device,” Manley said.

He said the explosive device appeared to be a package left on the side of the road in a residential neighborhood and the men injured were walking or pushing their bikes when it went off.

“That changes things,” he added. “Our safety message to this point has been involving the handling of packages, and telling this community ‘Do not handle packages, do not pick up packages, do not disturb packages.’ We now need to have an extra level of vigilance and pay attention to any suspicious device, whether it be a package, a bag, a backpack, anything that looks out of place.”

Austin police believe the previous attacks were related, leading some in the city to fear they were being targeted by an unknown bomber. Both House and Mason had relatives who were prominent members of the African-American community. Police have also said it’s possible these attacks are hate crimes because all those targeted have been black or Hispanic. Police have not released the race of last night's victims.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/03/19/...kage-bomb/

03-19-2018 10:08 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

It does seem the Austin parcel bomber is sort of a modern day version of the Unibomber.

A conveyor belt at a Fed Ex facility exploded today. Luckily, no one was injured. Authorities are investigating whether it's connected to the other four parcel bombings which have left two dead and several others injured.

It's also been confirmed that the two males who were victims of a trip-wired outdoor bomb in an upscale area on Sunday were white and that authorities have cause to believe that bombing is connected to the others. That may lead them to veer away from the possibility that the bombings were motivated by racial hate.

If all of these bombings are indeed connected, it shows that the perpetrator(s) is changing his/her M.O. and has advanced skill. Authorities have asked the bomber(s) to contact them; playing to the ego, I guess. Sometimes that works with these kinds of sickos. I hope LE can figure out who's behind these explosions quickly.

03-20-2018 11:30 AM