Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Assholes in the news
Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

RE: Assholes in the news

Saying "I was just trolling" after having said something ridiculous and being called on it is pretty much the same thing as starting a sentence with " I'm no racist/sexist/bigot but..."

In both cases you know whatever preceded or followed it was idiotic.

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
03-21-2018 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

I got curious and looked up bombing incidents in the U.S.

Actually, most domestic bombers I came across are in the same age range as Conditt, like Timothy McVeigh and the Tsarnaev brothers.

Serial bombers, however, are typically older, like the Unabomber. (edited for accuracy)

03-21-2018 08:07 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(03-21-2018 07:10 PM)sally Wrote:  What does it matter that his mom grew up in MN, did you have relations with her after church or something? Could it be the bomber was your son?

Black eye for the North Star State.

03-21-2018 08:32 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-21-2018 07:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:  I just now saw a post (from a journalist) who said a 25 minute recording/confession was found by law enforcement, so we may find out a little more soon.

I just saw that Austin PD Chief Manley confirmed that a 25-minute video was recovered from the cell phone of Conditt.

Manley said it contains the confession of a very challenged young man and the challenges that led him to this point, though we'll never be able to put rationale behind his acts.

I hope they release it to the public soon.

03-21-2018 08:46 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(03-21-2018 10:56 AM)sally Wrote:  
(03-21-2018 10:33 AM)Maggot Wrote:  hah...........I was fishing. and I caught a sucker.

I don't know what you're trying to pull Maggot, but he was probably black after he blew himself up if that makes you feel any better.

Yeah he was black, red and blew all over.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
03-21-2018 09:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

Austin PD Chief Manley said he's not going to release Conditt's video confession while the investigation is ongoing.

He did reveal that aside from the video being the outcry and confession of a challenged young man, most of the video described the bombs he made and how he made them in great detail.

There were seven bombs in total described. So, LE is more confident that there are no more of his bombs out there.

Manley stated that Conditt's confession video did not include an explanation as to how and why he chose his victims. He also stated that Conditt was planning to send more bombs and was researching addresses before he blew himself up.

Today it was reported that Conditt took part in a Christian survivalist group for home-schooled youth when he was a teen.

The conservative group called RIOT (Righteous Invasion of Truth) would study the bible and discuss weapons and dangerous chemicals, according to his friend who participated with Conditt and Conditt's sister in the group. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...group.html

03-22-2018 04:31 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-22-2018 04:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  The conservative group called RIOT (Righteous Invasion of Truth) would study the bible and discuss weapons and dangerous chemicals

That's creepy weird.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-22-2018 04:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

Today it was revealed that police were able to confirm Conditt as the Austin bombing suspect when Fed Ex surveillance cameras caught his license plate.

As I understand it and according to police, Conditt was on the list of 'persons of interest' based on the receipt history research covered upthread.

It was also revealed that LE found a lot of bomb-making materials at the home Conditt shared with his two roommates; there were no completed bombs found.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/us/austin...index.html

03-22-2018 10:46 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-22-2018 04:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  He did reveal that aside from the video being the outcry and confession of a challenged young man, most of the video described the bombs he made and how he made them in great detail.

I don't think a black or brown person would have been referred to as a "challenged young man". I believe different adjectives would have been used to describe him and none as harmless as challenged. My opinion is he would have been described as a monster and worse.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-24-2018 04:42 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-24-2018 04:42 AM)Duchess Wrote:  I don't think a black or brown person would have been referred to as a "challenged young man". I believe different adjectives would have been used to describe him and none as harmless as challenged. My opinion is he would have been described as a monster and worse.

I think it depends on the mindset of whomever is doing the describing.

I did see that Chief Manley is taking a lot of heat for describing the bomber as a "challenged young man" and not a "terrorist".

That seems to happen a lot in this kinds of cases. Even when it's not clear if the motive was politically, religiously, or racially based, a lot of people tend to consider crimes that terrorize regions or communities as hate crimes and/or terrorism. But, law enforcement's official definitions are more narrow.

Investigators are still looking into what motivated Conditt, but the recording he left on his cell phone shows that he was a 'sick individual,' according to US Rep. Michael McCaul.

McCaul has apparently heard the videotaped confession and told the press that Conditt referred to himself as a psychopath since childhood and that the killer also said he didn't feel any remorse.

03-24-2018 10:06 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Nashville

The asshole behind the wheel really pisses me off.

He approached the 70-year-old woman in the parking lot of the Church of Christ and asked her for directions to a shelter.

Then he ripped her purse out of her hands and put the petal to the metal, leaving her to fall on her face. She suffered facial injuries and broken bones in her hands.

[Image: 4BE187D600000578-5694271-image-a-21_1525530361758.jpg]
Police say the driver, who they haven't caught yet, is Gilbert Ostring, Jr. He's a career criminal who was released from state prison a year ago. Ostring has a history of targeting elderly women at churches. Lowlife fucker.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/na...72629.html

05-05-2018 11:43 PM