Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you like to go bike riding . . .
. . . . . So when riding a bike on a two lane wide, narrow road, with traffic going in opposite directions, which way would you ride? Going with the traffic, or going against the traffic?

Today, this guy was riding his bike against the flow of traffic, causing drivers of cars to almost have accidents! Idiot! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

That's what we were taught when I was a kid.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-13-2016, 04:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: That's what we were taught when I was a kid.
Me too, so that you could see oncoming traffic. I saw a commercial for bicycle safety a while back that said to NEVER ride against traffic because it's against the law. We have "ghost bikes" all over town here (It's a HUGE bicycle friendly town) where riders have been struck and killed. Almost all of them were hit from behind riding with traffic. Most bicyclists are mowed over by motorists that aren't paying attention, at least riding against traffic you can see it coming and attempt to evade.
When I ride a bike, which isn't often, I ride on the sidewalk. Fuck that crap riding in the bicycle lane with cars coming within an inch of you.
Also...

hah couldn't resist that one.

"ghost bikes" Damn. That's awful and cool all at once.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I never learned to ride a bike.

Fuck you, Dad!
(09-13-2016, 06:36 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I never learned to ride a bike.

Fuck you, Dad!

Do you throw like a girl too?
(09-13-2016, 06:41 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 06:36 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I never learned to ride a bike.

Fuck you, Dad!

Do you throw like a girl too?

Punches, yes.
(09-13-2016, 06:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:

"ghost bikes" Damn. That's awful and cool all at once.
If there weren't so many of them all over town I'd say it was cool, but you really can't find a route that doesn't have one to my knowledge. They started it as memorials and to raise awareness, now it's just sad.

Yes, it is very sad but so nice that they've been remembered and hopefully be a reminder to others to be more aware of their surroundings.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]