Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
STOP & FRISK

Can I have your opinion, please? Good idea, bad idea or are you indifferent? What would y'all think of a nationwide stop & frisk agenda?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Terrible idea.

Like any other form of police detaining, stop and frisk should only be used when there is probable cause to suspect someone is planning or in the process of violating the law or committing a crime, not as a fishing expedition to make money for police departments and municipalities through fines and incarcerations of random (or profiled) citizens.

That's my opinion.
Nobody should be stopped and frisked if there is no just cause.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-21-2016, 03:50 PM)Maggot Wrote: Nobody should be stopped and frisked if there is no just cause.
That's the way it's supposed to work, but cops often abuse their authority and all it takes is two of them to agree on probable cause.
(09-21-2016, 03:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Can I have your opinion, please? Good idea, bad idea or are you indifferent? What would y'all think of a nationwide stop & frisk agenda?

I wondered why you posed this question and wrongly assumed that it was in relation to the recent domestic terrorist bombing.

I see now that Trump said at a closed town hall that he applauded the stop & frisk policies used by Guiliani when he was mayor and that Trump would consider establishing it as a nationwide policy to help reduce crime in predominantly black areas.

That's surely going to turn off way more black voters than it will win over, in my opinion. They don't like being profiled by police and a Federal Judge ruled the NYPD policy unconstitutional and discriminatory like 3 years ago. Doh.

I also heard Trump, in his African American outreach effort, claim that African Americans have never had it worse in this country; "never, ever, ever", he said. That was weird. It's good that he's now acknowledging racial inequities, but his rhetoric was so blatantly false. I imagine very few people, black and otherwise, believe that blacks were better off in this country when they were slaves and considered 'property', when they were not allowed in white establishments, when they were not allowed to vote or participate in the political process, when there were no civil rights guarantees, etc...

Town Hall story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-el...SKCN11R2NZ
Aw man. I thought you were offering to frisk me.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(09-21-2016, 05:56 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Aw man. I thought you were offering to frisk me.

Aw man. beat me to it.
I personally do not see black/white racial bullshit, but according to the television and radio it's all over the place. Recently the cops started encrypting radio transmissions. in the city its silent except for the State Troopers and F.D. My scanner is not going off as much. I call that an electronic frisk. The common goings on should be out there and it does not bode well for them to stop broadcasting. It re-enforces the us/them mentality. I'm not even sure if its legal.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-21-2016, 07:23 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 05:56 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Aw man. I thought you were offering to frisk me.

Aw man. beat me to it.

Come here. I'll frisk Ya.
(09-21-2016, 10:27 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 07:23 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Aw man. beat me to it.

Come here. I'll frisk Ya.

Woo

You talkin' to me? 116
(09-21-2016, 05:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I wondered why you posed this question and wrongly assumed that it was in relation to the recent domestic terrorist bombing.

I see now that Trump said at a closed town hall that he applauded the stop & frisk policies used by Guiliani when he was mayor and that Trump would consider establishing it as a nationwide policy to help reduce crime in predominantly black areas.

I heard about it early yesterday after one of the embed's covering Trump tweeted about it. He thinks it's a great idea. Under his leadership if you look sketchy you're going to be pulled aside & frisked. If you don't look like white bread America you will be looked at with suspicion.
(09-22-2016, 05:05 AM)Duchess Wrote:

You talkin' to me? 116

Why yes, I was...
(09-21-2016, 05:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 03:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's surely going to turn off way more black voters than it will win over, in my opinion. They don't like being profiled by police and a Federal Judge ruled the NYPD policy unconstitutional and discriminatory like 3 years ago. Doh.

Gosh! That statement sounds blatantly racist! For shame!

I don't believe anyone likes being profiled by the police . . . or insurance companies.
Hi there Tiki!

And, golly gee, my comment doesn't sound blatantly racist unless you're ignorant about the issue and context.

Trump was asked specifically how he was going to prevent crime in African American communities. He cited a policy that was found unconstitutional by a Federal Judge who agreed with black community leaders that Stop & Frisk unfairly profiled and discriminated against blacks and other minorities.

I agree with the black community leaders as well and think it's a terrible idea to implement a policy that discriminates against any Americans of any color.
(09-22-2016, 02:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Hi there Tiki!

And, golly gee, my comment doesn't sound blatantly racist unless you're ignorant about the issue and context.

Trump was asked specifically how he was going to prevent crime in African American communities. He cited a policy that was found unconstitutional by a Federal Judge who agreed with black community leaders that Stop & Frisk unfairly profiled and discriminated against blacks and other minorities.

I agree with the black community leaders as well and think it's a terrible idea to implement a policy that discriminates against any Americans of any color.

Hahaha! I was talking about Trump!
(09-22-2016, 03:01 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Hahaha! I was talking about Trump!

hah Bullshit!
(09-22-2016, 03:01 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 03:01 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Hahaha! I was talking about Trump!

hah Bullshit!

No . . . really . . . I was!

But I'm on board with the colored community leaders . . . they leave the door open to profile foreigners.

God bless those darkies!
I can imagine a cop trying to stop and frisk you, or me, or Mags, or Duchess, or sal...or a couple of the other more 'passive' members of Mock, without any cause.

We might just end up as victims profiled in the Police Brutality Thread. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Rams and Clang, on the other hand, are at less risk. They'd probably put their hands up in the air and spread 'em before the cop could even make the demand to do so. Some people's idea of demeaning rights' infringements is other people's idea of flirty social intercourse, I guess.
(09-23-2016, 04:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Rams and Clang, on the other hand, are at less risk. They'd probably put their hands up in the air and spread 'em before the cop could even make the demand to do so. Some people's idea of demeaning rights' infringements is other people's idea of flirty social intercourse, I guess.

Only if its a lady cop or Zombie/Guardian Angel Lady Cop(too soon?).