Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tipping
Many meals on a restaurant menu we (I can cook pretty good too) can make at home.

So going out to a restaurant to have someone else cook and serve your food and then clean up after you is a luxury.

A luxury that you pay for by tipping.

If a server is slow, makes mistakes, is rude or inattentve, I do not tip as well.

I tip generously if I get exceptional service.

What is your general rule when it comes to tipping a server?

There are server's that think they are automatically due a tip, no matter how poorly the service is.

Do you tip at all? I've seen people not leave a tip, don't know if they got poor service or what, or just never tip.

I usually tip 20%. More if outstanding service.

Do you leave a tip according to the service you got?

So What do you do?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I tip according to service.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I was a waitress/bartender for many years, so I tend to be more generous & forgiving than most.

Most people do not realize what goes on behind the scenes.

If you think your service is slow, it is more than likely because the place is short staffed & the waiter/waitress is handling double/triple the amount of tables they normally do.

Issue's with food? The waitress probably turned down the cooks advances, and now the cook is fucking up the food to piss her off.

Take a while to get your drinks? The bar is probably backed up, and most places only allow 'certified' bartenders to make them.

Messy floor? That table that just left had 4 kids who decided a food fight was in order & the waitress hasn't had a chance to clean it inbetween waiting on tables and other side work.

Waitresses rely on tips to feed their families, pay for life expenses such as school, housing etc. Their base pay is $2.15 to 2.25 an hour.

How many demanding customers would you be able to deal with before your smile starts to fade?

I tip the people who take care of my hair & nails 25%. I haven't tipped a server/bartender in eons because I'm usually out at the invitation of someone else.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I tip the waiter/waitress 15% regardless of service. And I tip the bartender $1/drink. I tip the barber anywhere from $3-4.
I tip according to the service I get. I watch and sometimes its easy to see that the kitchen is fucking up and I'll ask about it to make sure. In that case she gets tipped according to the service she provides, most of the time its a she, sometimes not, same either way.
The places that piss me off are usually run by a foreigner, one that does not understand to keep my fucking tea glass filled...or make me wait for 30 minutes for my check or reciept
I just can't see Dutchess being happy with a tip.
25% max for great service. Having worked in the business for a bit when younger, I don't penalize the server for things like an under cooked steak. I intentionally avoid going out during peak times because I don't like crowded places, or slow service.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(09-26-2016, 01:36 AM)BigMark Wrote: I just can't see Dutchess being happy with a tip.

Lets find out.

*tips Duchess over*

*inserts penis tip in her....*
Y'all aren't supposed to be thinking of me like that. You all are like my kids. Har Har
(09-26-2016, 08:16 PM)Duchess Wrote: Y'all aren't supposed to be thinking of me like that. You all are like my kids. Har Har

Sorry. I took it too far(like I always do). I wasn't originally going to add that second part. I think of you as second Mom, that's why I couldn't finish the thought of....ahem....I was even going add a *vomits*
(09-26-2016, 10:14 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I think of you as second Mom

You're a good boy, you young whippersnapper.
(09-27-2016, 07:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 10:14 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I think of you as second Mom

You're a good boy, you young whippersnapper.

Blowing-kissesBlowing-kisses
I tip minimum 20% to servers, I was a shitty waiter once and they have my sympathy. Probably surprise a lot of people but as fast as I was with service I had a little trouble being cheerfully subservient when someone was in need of correction. Shocking, I know.

Hair people get whatever rounds up to the next ten spot, usually five or six bucks. Cabbies it depends how far I went and how much time I took up. People got to make a living...
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I'm a good tipper for good service. 20-30%. Uber and Lyft are the way to go for transportation. No tip required, so I usually don't unless I have luggage and the driver offers to help.
My town/state is still currently fighting Uber, because the taxicab industry is strong.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

My town doesn't even have taxis.
I tip 20 percent. More if service was really good. Well unless I need change and the dumbass server doesn't break it up right. If my bill was 140 bucks and I give you two 100 dollar bills why would you bring me back a 10 and a 50, are you stupid. I guess you get the 10 then and whatever other change I can scrounge up, you asshole.
That's too bad Dono. a $25 taxi ride will cost you about $8 with uber
(09-28-2016, 03:53 PM)sally Wrote: I tip 20 percent. More if service was really good. Well unless I need change and the dumbass server doesn't break it up right. If my bill was 140 bucks and I give you two 100 dollar bills why would you bring me back a 10 and a 50, are you stupid. I guess you get the 10 then and whatever other change I can scrounge up, you asshole.

That's why I use my AE "cash back" credit card! Any amount Tip can be added to the bill. Entire balance is paid off each month so never any interest.

Not to mention getting 3% cash back on the $140 bill, puts $4.20 towards the tip. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!