Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT
(11-27-2017, 04:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 06:26 PM)BigMark Wrote: In the time of Chimpanzees you are a Monkey.

RHCP's

The credit goes to Beck, Loser. Smiley_emoticons_wink

My kid is 16 and she knows every word to Loser. #jescowhite, the tap dancing outlaw, is from my Mother in Law's home town. Grandma's birthday party in Wild Wonderful Whites of WV is in the apartment above my MIL's Church Wt.

We took the kiddo to see #RHCP in April and she stood up and sang every song. After the concert, we were thanked by all the 30 somethings around us for teaching the next generation the GREATS! Blowing-kisses
i was muy el drunko.
(11-28-2017, 11:29 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: Wild Wonderful Whites of WV

That was such a great documentary. I have never in my life been so enthralled by a bunch of hicks. I couldn't take my eyes off those people.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: 470D021500000578-0-image-a-28_1512582501010.jpg]

I think Minnesota Senator Al Franken's going down.

Several democratic female senators (pictured) are now calling for his resignation.

He's not been accused of sexual harassment in the workplace or sexual assault. But, there are now 6 or more allegations of him ass-grabbing women in the past.

Franken asked for a Senate Ethics Committee investigation and said he'd fully cooperate. But, I think the pressure from fellow Dems will force him to step down this week.
[Image: 565790526.jpg]
The Dems also forced 88-year-old Representative John Conyers out of office after allegations of sexual harassment on and off the job were lodged. He officially resigned yesterday and endorsed his son to take his seat.
[Image: abarton.jpg?w=550&h=310]
Meanwhile, Texas Republican representative Joe Barton remains in office, but has announced he will not run again and plans to retire when his term is up.

The 'family values' politician announced his decision after another report of misconduct was published; Barton sent unwanted sexually suggestive messages to a Republican activist while still married to his second wife.
[Image: roy-moore.jpg]
And, Donald Trump formally endorsed Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore last week, despite many allegations of preying on teen girls in the past. The Republican National Committee then reversed course by re-endorsing Moore in Alabama and throwing RNC money towards his campaign.

Trump says that Moore, Steve Bannon's 'outsider' candidate, is preferable in senate as compared to Doug Jones. Trump and Bannon call Jones 'soft on crime' and a 'liberal', even though Jones is a tough former prosecutor and a more moderate or conservative Democrat.

Moore still says he doesn't 'think' the allegations against him are accurate. Last week, he again blamed the media and called it a political witch hunt. He has also blamed Republican Mitch McConnell, the Dems, gays, lesbians, and transexuals.
Note: I merged the threads covering these allegations against politicians into this one and edited the title.
(12-06-2017, 03:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Note: I merged the threads covering these allegations against politicians into this one and edited the title.

Can I butter your biscuit? Smiley_emoticons_bussi
Yes, do it! But, no margarine or unsalted butter -- just the good stuff. ")

Al Franken will make an announcement tomorrow.

His goose is cooked.
(12-06-2017, 04:03 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: His goose is cooked.

Democrats can't take the high road as long as he is there.

Mitch McConnell is calling for him to resign. I laughed & laughed. Some of those fuckin' Republicans are like Dracula. They have no soul, they know no shame.
(12-06-2017, 03:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: 470D021500000578-0-image-a-28_1512582501010.jpg]

I was going to say that pic reminded me of the Geraldo groping Bette pic I saw a few days back, but now I can't find it. How does a picture disappear off the interwebs. I thought the interwebs was forever.
Biting tongue.

Why? I often do but I have good reasons, what's yours?
Franken won by a very slim margin anyways I don't see him getting re-elected at this point. He was the deciding vote on something I just cannot remember what it was.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I hate that he's being forced to resign while those who have done so much worse are still sitting on their Republican high horse with no plans to go anywhere. The Republicans have given their support to not only sexual harassers but to a goddamn pedophile.
(12-06-2017, 07:50 PM)Maggot Wrote: Franken won by a very slim margin anyways I don't see him getting re-elected at this point.

Actually.........

It's true that Franken narrowly won his first election in 2008 and wasn't declared the winner until after a legal challenge by his Republican competitor. It was very close -- something like 300 votes in Franken's favor. He campaigned on a pledge to help improve people's lives.

In his first term, he pushed through a pilot program using service dogs to assist disabled veterans, contributed a national diabetes prevention act to the Affordable Health Care Act, authored two provisions of the Violence Against Women Act (one to ensure victims don’t have to pay for rape kits and another to prevent housing discrimination against domestic-violence victims), co-authored the energy section of the farm bill, worked to secure $55 million in grant money for mental health services in schools, and sponsored the “Community College to Career Fund Act” - engaging community and technical colleges in workforce development.

He ran for his second term in 2014 and stomped his Republican competitor, easily winning re-election by 11 points and has since become a strong voice in the Democratic party.

I think he would have been elected again were it not for the ass-grabbing allegations. But, on that point, we just have a difference of opinion.

Anyway, he'll be resigning in the next couple of weeks and another Democratic senator will fill his seat.
I wonder how much they will pay for it. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
One down, 530 to go.
Governor Mark Dayton gets to appoint the person that will fill Franken’s seat, UNTIL next November, when Minnesotans will elect the person to fill his seat.

However, this election will only last until 2020, when that seat will be up for grabs again (to get back on that seat’s 6 year cycle).

Holy crap, I don’t like to have to vote every 2 years.