Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
79 DAYS...
(11-25-2016, 09:00 PM)sally Wrote: Why in God's name would anyone do that? Fucking idiots.

I've heard people talk about this, they fricken love it, they look forward to it. I wouldn't do that shit for love or money. I shop for Christmas all year long, if I see something someone would like, I buy it and stash it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Twenty six days till Christmas, Mockers.

Have you shopped? Have you planned your holiday feast? Have you done any damn thing to prepare?

Are you ready to ruuuuuumble?
(11-29-2016, 08:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Twenty six days till Christmas, Mockers.

Have you shopped? Have you planned your holiday feast? Have you done any damn thing to prepare?

Are you ready to ruuuuuumble?

My co-worker/trainer is acting like a grumpy Grinch and killing my Christmas spirit. Its making me feel like an Ebeneezer Scrooge. I was all set to enjoy dancing at the DMV Holiday Gala this Friday but I think I'm going to start a new life of heavy drinking and smoking until I puke and or blackout to relieve my stress at the Holiday Gala.
Majority of Gift Cards, needed for gifts are already purchased, as well as needed gift checks, just have a few more little chocchie things to get. Things that are able to be gift wrapped, so presents can be exchanged and opened!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I don't really have anyone to buy anything for other than my kids and husband. So that's pretty easy, just four people and the two older kids I'll just give money because they already have everything else. And I'll mail some Legos or something to my husband's brother's kids.

We use to have big parties for the holidays, but my mom is dead, my dad is dead, my sister is a junky who lives in a halfway house, my husband's mom is dead, his dad may as well be dead, his brother and wife moved to Seattle, his sister lives in Hungary, I don't talk to my aunt anymore even though I made peace with her I still think she's a cunt.... So yeah, it's just us.
We have a Christmas party every year too for all the guys who work for my husband and their families, but that's always at a restaurant. My husband was talking about having it here, but that's just a bunch of work for me. I don't know if I want to cook a bunch of shit and have a huge mess in my house.
(11-29-2016, 10:02 PM)sally Wrote: I don't know if I want to cook a bunch of shit and have a huge mess in my house.

It's not so bad. I do a little something for the stable clients and those that work with the horses here but I get it catered. It's more of an open house rather than a party, there's food & booze and people come & go all afternoon/early evening.
(11-30-2016, 07:07 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 10:02 PM)sally Wrote: I don't know if I want to cook a bunch of shit and have a huge mess in my house.

It's not so bad. I do a little something for the stable clients and those that work with the horses here but I get it catered. It's more of an open house rather than a party, there's food & booze and people come & go all afternoon/early evening.

Duchess, I think you should do one of your special turkeys for one of your events....

I question the judgement of that.

Do you like goat cheese?
(11-30-2016, 05:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I question the judgement of that.

Do you like goat cheese?
Why, yes I do, especially in salads......

Sally was talking about the fine flour for gravies...I like it because it is in a shaker container and is so convenient to use.....I think flour, in general, is packaged poorly, and i usually get more flour on floor than in pan......and I agree it enhances the smooth texture of gravy, but I sing the praises of the simple whisk in the kitch......it is amazing how lumpy your gravy can be, and with a few strokes of the whisk, it is delish.....oh dear, I am writing this in the wrong thread, aren't I....
By the way, I was being a smart ass when I said you should cook your special turkey.......Blowing-kisses
(11-30-2016, 06:15 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I was being a smart ass when I said you should cook your special turkey.......Blowing-kisses

I know you were, honey chile'.

I was looking at cheese at the deli today. I want to do something on a big cutting board with a bunch of different cheeses. I figure I can't screw that up and it's for my closet friends who will be understanding if I do. I'm toying around with the thought of cold shrimp lining a pretty bowl too but I wonder if that will be too much because I'm having seafood as the main course.
(11-30-2016, 06:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 06:15 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I was being a smart ass when I said you should cook your special turkey.......Blowing-kisses

I know you were, honey chile'.

I was looking at cheese at the deli today. I want to do something on a big cutting board with a bunch of different cheeses. I figure I can't screw that up and it's for my closet friends who will be understanding if I do. I'm toying around with the thought of cold shrimp lining a pretty bowl too but I wonder if that will be too much because I'm having seafood as the main course.

Chacuterie board! That's with cheese and dried meats garnished with pickles or olives or even figs which I remember grow in your yard. The most important thing is the bread and really good olive oil, you have to have a nice crunchy Italian or French bread to go along.
(11-30-2016, 07:24 PM)sally Wrote: Chacuterie board!

I had to google that. That's friggin' beautiful. I didn't know there was a name for it! Now I'm inspired to add some prosciutto to it as well.
(11-30-2016, 07:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 07:24 PM)sally Wrote: Chacuterie board!

I had to google that. That's friggin' beautiful. I didn't know there was a name for it! Now I'm inspired to add some prosciutto to it as well.

No one ever complains about chacuterie and you can get a lot of ideas off the net on how to present it beautifully. Meat, cheese, bread, condiments... you'd have to be a real asshole to fuck that up.
The most memorable charcuterie I had was in Canada and it was accompanied by a fig jam. I know you have fig trees and I certainly don't expect you to make jam out of it, but if you have any growing at this time of year definitely decorate the platter with them.
(11-30-2016, 09:18 PM)sally Wrote: you can get a lot of ideas off the net on how to present it beautifully.

I'm actually sorta excited to do this, I'm looking forward to it. That's not my normal reaction to presenting food.

I don't have any figs growing this time of year so I'm considering using dates.

18 days! 19

MS Christmas tree.

It's very pretty. Thanks so much!

[Image: MSChristmas20tree_zpsaoaijwqj.jpg]
It looks like an old whore.
(12-06-2016, 12:53 PM)sally Wrote: It looks like an old whore.

It looks like an old whore decorated it? Or the tree itself looks like an old whore?