Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
79 DAYS...
(10-15-2017, 05:29 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I might try to hang a wreath or put up some lights but that's about it.

Get your lazy ass brother to cleanup so you have room for your mom's nativity. Hang the wreath on the door, string some lights and get a table top tree. Do it, Clang or Ima beat your ass.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-15-2017, 05:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 05:29 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I might try to hang a wreath or put up some lights but that's about it.

Get your lazy ass brother to cleanup so you have room for your mom's nativity. Hang the wreath on the door, string some lights and get a table top tree. Do it, Clang or Ima beat your ass.

My mom's Nativity is gone. Left behind at the old house. We have a Holy Family Hummel Advent Wreath though and tiny ceramic tree with lights. And anyway, even if we cleaned up, I still don't think we have the room.
Tree usually goes up day after Thanksgiving.

My daughter is helping me with outside lights this year.
My tin woodsman guy is standing in the leaves and the pumpkins are dangling by the door.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

It must be fun to get trick-or-treaters. I wouldn't know :(
I think they get bused in.
(10-16-2017, 11:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:

It must be fun to get trick-or-treaters. I wouldn't know :(

Same here:(
(10-16-2017, 08:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: I think they get bused in.

I think there might be some truth to that. I've heard stories around here about people who take their kids to the better neighborhoods in order to get what they think is better candy.
More like a better place to get their asses kicked.
(10-17-2017, 04:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: I think they get bused in.

I think there might be some truth to that. I've heard stories around here about people who take their kids to the better neighborhoods in order to get what they think is better candy.

They sure did in my neighborhood, I know for a fact that there were only 3 black families in my subdivision, only 200 houses. I bet I had 150 black kids, most not even in costume unless dressed as hoodrats
d

When we first moved into our home here, it was a young community.
So the first Halloween here (Many T & Tr's rode up our block on a Tractor pulled Hay Wagon) we had
so many T & Tr's we ran out of candy!
So we wound up giving out "change" for the last several T & Tr's.

The next Halloween we stocked up with plenty of candy,
so we wound up having several left over candies.

After many Halloween's went by, we started wounding up having lots of candy left over, as
many of the youngsters got too old to T & T any longer. Time marches on! hah

These Halloween days, we have cars stopping down the block, and dropping off several kids at a time
to T & T our neighborhood.

So we still have T & Tr's, but not so many!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

This makes me think of the Halloweens of my childhood. We were always limited in what we could wear because it was always so goddamn cold and I spent more than one Halloween trick-or-treating in the snow.
I take my daughter to the mansions on the river for Halloween. Not because they give out better candy, I can buy my own fucking candy, but because those millonaires really go all out with the decorations. Its only a block away from my house and thats where everyone around here goes. Its a small street on the river with only about 20 huge houses throughout the entire area, but its like a big party over there every year.
Parents in my hood take the kids out and walk with travel mugs. Most houses in the neighborhood do refills for the adults if you need it. Kids have a blast, most of the adults get blasted.
(10-17-2017, 02:46 PM)sally Wrote: I take my daughter to the mansions on the river for Halloween. Not because they give out better candy, I can buy my own fucking candy, but because those millonaires really go all out with the decorations. Its only a block away from my house and thats where everyone around here goes. Its a small street on the river with only about 20 huge houses throughout the entire area, but its like a big party over there every year.

(10-17-2017, 03:57 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Parents in my hood take the kids out and walk with travel mugs. Most houses in the neighborhood do refills for the adults if you need it. Kids have a blast, most of the adults get blasted.

I want to do that too! [Image: 1hissyfit.gif]
Today, inadvertently stumbled across a chocchie gift for 5 or 6 of our family members and a couple of friends!

And so it begins, even when you're not looking for it! hah

Only 66 shopping days till Christmas! hah

Only 35 more days until I can start singing Christmas songs!hah

I like Christmas music too! Let's dance!

hah

*dances with D*

I used to do the Linus dance in junior high and high school, or as I called it the "Ski Dance".