Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DO YOU CARE...

...about the environment? Do you believe that global warming is a thing?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I believe the earth goes through cycles and no amount of money will change that. I see some organizations jumping on the bandwagon to validate their existence and preserve their cash flow. Another way to fleece the population for the "good of mankind" although it is good that recycling is more abundant as we as a society are wasteful, especially developed nations. People in poor nations could live off our waste. Cars are more environmentally safe but just the cost of keeping a new car on the road is crazy. Americas rivers and streams are safer than most countries and for that I am glad.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Yes.

And yes, definitely believe global warming is the cause of the drastic weather changes in the world for the last several years.

Changing weather patterns seem to be partly responsible for our awareness of global warming as a serious problem.

Many people worldwide say weather patterns where they live have become more unstable in the past three or so years, and believe average global temperatures have increased.

Global warming needs the world's attention!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

The internet brings global weather happenings closer. Hurricanes, floods, heat waves, drought have been going on longer than people have been alive. Today its just a click away. What will any monetary amount accomplish? new Orleans was built on a swamp in a flood zone. Many houses and parts of cities have been built in geographically unstable area's in the name of greed and a disregard for weather patterns that are always unstable. There are more people in the world now than there has ever been and most countries like China, India, Argentina and so on have not invested in environmentally safe ways although they have the money to do it. What is the end reasoning I wonder. Scientists have been on both sides of this argument for years who do you believe. Guess who will get the grants, subsidies, attention when it comes time to start dolling out the stolen cash? Yup.......the scientists that yell the most and they are just human like you and I.
So Maggot, that ^ was pretty long-winded, and I'm not sure what you said.

Is global warming real or not?
Fuck it.
(10-22-2016, 06:49 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: So Maggot, that ^ was pretty long-winded, and I'm not sure what you said.

The Earth has been warming since the last ice age. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower. You just cannot blame every weather event on global warming. I find it amazing that Hurricanes are not keeping up with the Jones's. It's killing the thought police.
The climate is changing, and of course I care. We should all care.
It's getting colder and I care.
(10-22-2016, 06:58 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 06:49 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: So Maggot, that ^ was pretty long-winded, and I'm not sure what you said.

The Earth has been warming since the last ice age. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower. You just cannot blame every weather event on global warming. I find it amazing that Hurricanes are not keeping up with the Jones's. It's killing the thought police.

I do have a immense love of the Yosemite Valley. I was raised breathing in those glacial cut rocks.
(10-22-2016, 07:24 PM)Maggot Wrote: It's getting colder and I care.

Still pretty mild here in the Central Valley. Sad to say that my property up in the sierra foothills is looking pretty rugged. Loss of a lot of good (beloved) trees this year. My sugar pines tug at my heart. never thought they would be lost.
It's been a year of little water across the states. We barely had enough snow last year and wells are drying up.

Drought apparently struck what is now the American Southwest back in the 13th century, which probably affected the Pueblo cities, and tree rings also document drought in the lower and central Mississippi River basin between the 14th and 16th century. The droughts of that period might have contributed to the decline and fall of the Mississippian cultures.[16]

The 18th century seems to have been a relatively wet century in North America, but there were apparently droughts in Iowa in 1721, 1736, and from 1771 to 1773.

drought

I have to say I'm sorry for whats happening in your area but its been like that before and will get better. People see things in their every day lives that affects them and placing the blame on any demon is what we do. Not to say that humans have NOT had a hand in environmental damage I believe we have, I have.
How can any government even try and do anything when America cannot do anything about its deficit. I'm more afraid of an asteroid whacking us. Or some pandemic wiping out half the population. But if anyone wants to try and tame Mother nature who am I to try and stop them?

That's about it. The topic is very controversial but I hold no ill will against anyone either way.

I got labeled a Liberal in that quiz someone recently posted because of how I answered the questions regarding the environment and regulations pertaining to it. I care about our land & water and all the creatures that inhabit it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-22-2016, 06:54 PM)sally Wrote: Fuck it.

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin Just gotta love ya!

That most likely will be your same sentiment when some day the sand on your beach is covered in SNOW! hah Smiley_emoticons_biggrin Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

The Baby Boomers have fucked the planet up! They don't care because they won't be around to worry about the consequences.

We should care, but what can we do? I am all for solar powered renewable energy.
(10-23-2016, 05:58 AM)Duchess Wrote: I care about our land & water and all the creatures that inhabit it. [/i][/size]

I care, I was just kidding when I said fuck it. Since I believe in evolution, I obviously believe all the critters play a role in making the word go around, so I don't like to see them on the brink of extinction because of man made damage. I don't believe it's all man made, however, some of it has been happening forever and is inevitable.
I care enough to respond to a post about whether I care. Anyway, Stephen Hawkings has said aliens are coming and they will sort all this shit out......minus humans of course.
(10-23-2016, 08:56 PM)sally Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 05:58 AM)Duchess Wrote: I care about our land & water and all the creatures that inhabit it. [/i][/size]

I care, I was just kidding when I said fuck it. Since I believe in evolution, I obviously believe all the critters play a role in making the word go around, so I don't like to see them on the brink of extinction because of man made damage. I don't believe it's all man made, however, some of it has been happening forever and is inevitable.

"We" all knew that, it just made me laugh out loud! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(10-22-2016, 12:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:

...about the environment? Do you believe that global warming is a thing?

No. I'll be dead and gone by the time the Earth is royally fucked. Yes, but again I'll be dead and gone by the time Waterworld becomes more than a shitty movie.
I dont care, I liked waterworld. Mermaids be damned.