Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CAN AMERICA SURVIVE WITH TRUMP OR CLINTON?
I don't think what BG is doing is plagiarism. He already knows we know his posting style and can tell that he didn't write it himself. Well I guess everyone besides for Dono and BBH that is. He doesn't post the source because he likes to be spiteful like a little child and get you all pissy, HotD.

But I do think he should give credit to the source when using their words to prove a point. Ann Coulter for example, even though I knew BG didn't write it, I didn't know who wrote it. I don't keep up on everything that dumb bitch says so if there were a couple of points that I agreed with then she should get the credit.
(11-04-2016, 05:09 PM)sally Wrote: I don't think what BG is doing is plagiarism. He already knows we know his posting style and can tell that he didn't write it himself. Well I guess everyone besides for Dono and BBH that is. He doesn't post the source because he likes to be spiteful like a little child and get you all pissy, HotD.

But I do think he should give credit to the source when using their words to prove a point. Ann Coulter for example, even though I knew BG didn't write it, I didn't know who wrote it. I don't keep up on everything that dumb bitch says so if there were a couple of points that I agreed with then she should get the credit.

Well, sal, given the issue at hand...I'm betting Gunnar appreciates you telling me his reasoning. But, the reason you've given on his behalf conflicts with the reasons he's repeatedly given us on his own behalf.

It doesn't spite me when people act like children and I let Gunnar's plagiarism (that's the definition, regardless as to why he does it) slide all the time. But, it's not something that he or anyone can do day-after-day or "all day", as Gunnar claimed yesterday when he jacked Coulter's copyrighted shit. At that point, it's gonna be addressed on any non-shithole board. But, I don't mind if you paint/see it as me being pissy in response to some juvenile troll.

Anyway......when it comes to trolling, I think Ann Coulter is a master. I don't doubt that she believes some of the shit she spews, maybe most of it. But, I do get the sense that she makes some of her more riling outrageous claims primarily to sell books, to bait clicks, and to secure her place on the media circuit. I've seen her on Bill Maher several times and actually find her to be an entertaining listen/watch, even though I disagree with at least 90% of her spiel. She absolutely claims to believe it's "lights out for America" if Clinton is elected.
(11-04-2016, 05:09 PM)sally Wrote: I don't think what BG is doing is plagiarism. He already knows we know his posting style and can tell that he didn't write it himself. Well I guess everyone besides for Dono and BBH that is. He doesn't post the source because he likes to be spiteful like a little child and get you all pissy, HotD.

You get me. I actually planned on posting it was Coulter after Maggs commented on it, but I got busy late in the day with a fatality and forgot all about it.
hah
(11-04-2016, 06:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, sal, given the issue at hand...I'm betting Gunnar appreciates you telling me his reasoning. But, the reason you've given on his behalf conflicts with the reasons he's repeatedly given us on his own behalf.

It doesn't spite me when people act like children and I let Gunnar's plagiarism (that's the definition, regardless as to why he does it) slide all the time. But, it's not something that he or anyone can do day-after-day or "all day", as Gunnar claimed yesterday when he jacked Coulter's copyrighted shit. At that point, it's gonna be addressed on any non-shithole board. But, I don't mind if you paint/see it as me being pissy in response to some juvenile troll.

Did you notice how long the Ann Coulter piece was? Do you really think BG expected anyone to think he wrote it? Then when you respond to him for the 685th time with one of your long, pissy posts (not as long as Coulters, however) he responds with TLDNR. Just saying...
I don't care if Ann wrote it, it was pretty good. And I knew BG didn't write it, who the hell has time for that shit? I'm writing this now and so.........105 there ........sit on it Potsie.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-04-2016, 07:45 PM)sally Wrote: Did you notice how long the Ann Coulter piece was? Do you really think BG expected anyone to think he wrote it? Then when you respond to him for the 685th time with one of your long, pissy posts (not as long as Coulters, however) he responds with TLDNR. Just saying...

It's not about whether or not I know that Gunnar is plagiarizing, sally. It's not about me at all. You'd think since I've had to state the same common sense position to Gunnar so many times, you'd get it by now. I think you do.

And, did you ever notice how after I challenge someone for something THEY posted, YOU show up to tell me what they really meant or their true intentions? And, when I choose to go by what they've told me themselves instead of your version, you pick a pissy fight with me?

If you haven't noticed, you do it frequently. I always expect it, kinda like it, and understand why you do it. So, it's not a problem. I love your pissy ass, but I don't give a shit if you disagree with my position or the length of my post on the subject -- just saying (what I suspect you already know).
(11-04-2016, 08:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: I don't care if Ann wrote it, it was pretty good. And I knew BG didn't write it, who the hell has time for that shit? I'm writing this now and so.........105 there ........sit on it Potsie.

I could tell that you knew he didn't write it and I think BBH would have known he didn't write it, but she was too busy having a coronary artery spasm. That only leaves Dono that was duped.

Edit: Never mind it was the other one Dono was duped on, not Coulter. There are so many I can't keep track.
(11-04-2016, 08:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 07:45 PM)sally Wrote: Did you notice how long the Ann Coulter piece was? Do you really think BG expected anyone to think he wrote it? Then when you respond to him for the 685th time with one of your long, pissy posts (not as long as Coulters, however) he responds with TLDNR. Just saying...

It's not about whether or not I know that Gunnar is plagiarizing, sally. It's not about me at all. You'd think since I've had to state the same common sense position to Gunnar so many times, you'd get it by now. I think you do.

And, did you ever notice how after I challenge someone for something THEY posted, YOU show up to tell me what they really meant or their true intentions? And, when I choose to go by what they've told me themselves instead of your version, you pick a pissy fight with me?

If you haven't noticed, you do it frequently. I always expect it, kinda like it, and understand why you do it. So, it's not a problem. I love your pissy ass, but I don't give a shit if you disagree with my position or the length of my post on the subject -- just saying (what I suspect you already know).

I just do it for fun.
I bet both of you broads look a lot like that woman in the boob thread today wearing the stockings.

Am I right?
(11-04-2016, 08:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: I don't care if Ann wrote it, it was pretty good. And I knew BG didn't write it, who the hell has time for that shit? I'm writing this now and so.........105 there ........sit on it Potsie.

I know you don't care, Mags.

But, you wouldn't be a moron if you and others didn't know that some of the jacked posts to which you've responded were jacked, as Gunnar claims you would be. And, there's no arguing that it takes two seconds to give credit -- the "I'm too busy", "I don't have time", "it's not my responsibility", and other excuses Gunnar has tossed out are lame.

But, you're the boss here and it's tiresome explaining the same common sense point when Gunnar starts jack-jack-jacking away regularly again. So, I'll stop addressing it or any board issues outside of the Cell Block (except to close out bickering with sal about it if she gets back to me).

And, up your nose with a rubber hose Chachi! Smiley_emoticons_smile
(11-04-2016, 08:54 PM)sally Wrote: I just do it for fun.

Yeah, I kinda figured. And, it's fun for me too (most of the time).
[Image: jko1sEDjTreH6qap0BQQ_Bed%20Jumper.gif]
hah
There is still one hope for our Republic:

Convention of States

If this doesn't reign in the corruption revolution will happen.
To the original question, I wouldn't say I'm scared, but I'm concerned either way. I feel Trump is the more sincere candidate, his advisors even have to beg him not to be himself. I find that a good quality, not a bad one. But also a dangerous one. To Blueberry's disbelief I find Trump the better hearted candidate, but he's a fucking idiot which concerns me. Hillary on the other hand is very corrupt and fake which concerns me. Even though she has the experience, you can see it in this video that she's a fucking nutcase too. I know she was doing a dramatization, but come on.

(11-04-2016, 09:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'll stop addressing it or any board issues outside of the Cell Block

I'm very sorry you feel that way. Truly. I'd rather you continue on as you have been.

LC set the standard for giving attribution and I let her do it because it's the right thing to do. I don't have one single royal fuck to give in regards to how it's done on other boards, it's not my business, I only care about how it's done in Mock. When you are quoting others or using content that is not your own, give attribution.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm fairly certain that Ann would not try and sue Mock but there are a few other nutcases out there that would not hesitate to try and in trying would end up making Mock a thing of the past so if you care you should attribute any quote. The best thing to do is be original but if that's tough to do just put a link at the end. It's very easy to do with this forum and it doesn't take but a few seconds.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-04-2016, 12:35 PM)Donovan Wrote: If the country existed in a vacuum, I'd be more,inclined to believe and agree, HotD.

But we don't we exist in a world where we are essentially the only real superpower, and we have steadily amassed quiet adversaries across the globe through our meddling and arrogance. Trump alone might not have a lot of room to wreak havoc. But Trump with millions of rabid followers domestically, and other governments just waiting for a stumble they can capitalize on, much like Russia is doing now... it would be naive to think we can't be brought down. And given then our geographic divide is literally right up the middle of the continent, a civil upheaval might be more destructive and catastrophic to our future than even the first one was.

I am speaking as I always do from the philosophical view of a student of history. We have seen this story played out many times. And the end game rarely deviates. All empires fall. Including ours.It isn't if, but when, and it isn't how but who.

I’ve been thinking about what you posted, Donovan. And, I agree that I might well be one of those generally reasonable people who’s minimizing the risk.

There’s no doubt that bad history can repeat itself. That’s probably especially true when the history is far enough in the rear-view mirror that most people have forgotten about it, or they remember but complacently assume, “something like that that could never happen again.” I'm guilty of the latter when I tell myself, “well, we survived the Cheney/Rumsfeld administration under the Bush label, so….”

But, I hate the death and destruction that our country inflicted on people outside our borders and within our own military forces during that time -- under false pretenses, and at the hands of someone I consider another for-profit torture-loving authoritarian (Cheney). Something like our invasion of Iraq could certainly happen again under a Trump presidency (or a Clinton presidency, in my opinion). I’m more concerned about that than I am about the U.S. being invaded or physically taken over by a foreign entity, primarily because the size of the U.S.’s military and ‘defense’ investment is unparalleled.

The risk that concerns me the most though is something to which you’ve alluded many times: Americans warring with each other here at home. This election cycle opened my eyes in terms of just how many Americans are extremely disgruntled and convinced that (1) all politicians except the ones they support are the enemy of the state and of the people, (2) our fair but imperfect system of government sucks ass and needs to be taken down, (3) “the others” among them are taking over as the country’s demographics continue to shift.

I hope whoever the American people elects to lead our country can help alleviate that wide-scale angst and anger, but I’m not confident this is just a passing or short-term phase (several European countries seem to be experiencing the same phenomena as well). Still, I'm confident that America will survive the next four years regardless of who's elected President, though I agree with you completely that what that survival looks like could be vastly different depending on who's sitting in the Oval Office. That's why I voted, and voted for Clinton.

Trump is the epitome of everything that is ugly & bad about our country.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]