Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best food you ever ate
Or just the most memorable?

I've eaten everything from truffles to lobster to waygu beef to NY pizza, to the finest caviar from Russia.... and oddly my memory of the best thing I've ever eaten is a toss up between a cup of chili I got from Friendly's restaurant when my mom worked next door at a nursing home and popcorn balls my that my classmate's mom brought to our 5th grade Christmas party.
Best thing I've ever eaten...toss up between Wendy's Chili, Panda Express' Orange Chicken Bowl with Lo Mein Noodles, the chicken wings at the Rusty Nail and my mom's homemade pizza.

Worst thing I've ever eaten...the cardboard pizza and the lettuce and cheese cubes drenched in god awful dressing my high school called a salad.
I've eaten a lot of good food. Home cooked salmon and homemade chili is the best. One of the best restaurants I love to go to in Seattle is called "Poppy". It is so good. They put all of the food in these little dishes and it is amazing.
I love trying out different bbq joints and have yet to find one that I deem as the best, but some have come close.
I had the best cantelope last summer, right off the vine. Made me realize any cantelope I had been eating is just not tasty at all.
My mom's "Stuffed Cabbage" was the best I ever tasted while I was growing up.

Eventually when older, my better half got the recipe from my mom, and improved on it adding some of her own touches, and now her's are the best I ever had! Yum!

My better half also makes the most delicious from scratch "home made" pizza! Yum!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I know a guy that makes this sausage stuff in a white sauce that goes great over egg noddles and butter but the bastard won't tell me how he makes it. I suppose if I ate it every day I would hate it but every month or so its freaking great!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Fresh caught Walleye, also fresh caught Walleye smoked in an old refrigerator in the arctic watershed.

Caught by me hours before Dorado cooked five different ways with beans, rice and home made salsa on the dock in Cabo.

Medium rare New York steak with 2009 Kendall Jackson Merlot.

My moms hand rolled baked enchiladas.

My dads corn beef & cabbage with home made tater salad covered in deviled eggs.

Fish tacos in a plywood shack on the street in Tijuana.
Broiled Halibut in Kennebunkport, ME.
Man, tough call. I make a smoked beef tongue that is so good, you can eat it with a spoon and it melts in your mouth.
My grandmothers bread pudding, my other grandmothers peach cobbler...I think it would have to be top 10, can't ID a "
best"
There's no way I could pick one either, Six. Too many ties.

I love a good greasy breakfast of eggs overeasy, crispy hashed browns, sour dough toast (and a few throat-burning Blood Marys). I only do that a couple of times a year though, so it might be a case of absence making the heart grow fonder.

Super spicy chuck-beef chili (I prefer it with beans) topped with cheese and onions is also awesome, as are my mom's homemade ground beef and potato tacos and enchiladas -- she makes them better than I do, though she's a little too light on the spice factor.

The Shabu-Shabu dinners in my apartment in Japan were probably the most memorable (if not for all the beer and sake). That stuff is effin' delicious in the winter.

Hot dogs over the fire at the campsite are hard to beat though.
(11-04-2016, 07:54 PM)Love Child Wrote: One of the best restaurants I love to go to in Seattle is called "Poppy". It is so good. They put all of the food in these little dishes and it is amazing.

Have you ever eaten at Ponti's or Flying Fish?
Beggars purse
(11-04-2016, 06:13 PM)sally Wrote: Or just the most memorable?

The most memorable thing I ever ate was bulls balls. *spits* I had no idea and never ate anything she made again after that day.

The best was lasagna & a bowl of french onion soup, not at the same time, they were separate occasions. I'm not the foodie that many of you are, food doesn't mean that much to me. BBH was right the day she commented on that and I denied it but came to believe later that she was right.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-08-2016, 11:58 AM)Duchess Wrote: The most memorable thing I ever ate was bulls balls.
Lucky. That's on my list of foods I want to try.

Makes me want to barf.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
We ate at a restaurant last night that had the best Pasta Puttanesca sauce ever!

The old whore sauce. Love that stuff
Yep they knew how to make a great aromatic sauce! hah