Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SHERRI PAPINI, CA: MISSING/RECOVERED
Here's the ABC 2020 case episode which aired last night.

Keith Papini, Cameron Gamble, Sherri's sister Sheila, and Shasta County Sheriff Bosenko are interviewed.

(12-03-2016, 10:48 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Here's the ABC 2020 case episode which aired last night.

I watched. This is some story and it makes me feel...I don't know, uncomfortable, maybe, because I am suspicious. I don't like feeling skeptical of people. Meh. It's probably just me and my trust issues.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-03-2016, 12:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 10:48 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Here's the ABC 2020 case episode which aired last night.

I watched. This is some story and it makes me feel...I don't know, uncomfortable, maybe, because I am suspicious. I don't like feeling skeptical of people. Meh. It's probably just me and my trust issues.

The media likes to play goofy music and toss in their own speculation through questions that are unanswered. 2020 is the best at it though and act like the ringmaster as the acts circle around. The truth will come out and it may take time but that doesn't stop the enticing story line that they can take advantage of.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-03-2016, 12:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I am not convinced that Sherri Papini went for a jog on Nov 2nd and happened to be abducted and held by 2 Hispanic females for 3 weeks either.

It's possible that happened, but based on what's known now, it's up in the air for me.

A few things that make me scratch my head...

1. Discovered Missing:
Why didn't Keith Papini try to call or text his wife when he came home on November 2nd and she and the kids weren't there to give him the routine 'snuggles'? Every time he tells the story, he claims he immediately accessed his 'find this phone' app to track down his wife's location and go retrieve her. He found her phone a mile up the road right by their mail box, but no Sherri (and no signs of a struggle).

I wish an interviewer would ask him that question. If he says he did call/text her first and just hasn't mentioned it before, fair enough. That's easily verified by phone records. If he didn't try to call or text her first, that's really odd to me.

2. Vehicle/Suspect ID
According to the sheriff, Sherri Papini was shown video of the several dark SUVs which were near the abduction site at the time (it's still not been directly confirmed if she was allegedly abducted at the mailbox where her phone was found or at the house). None were a match. I suspect the sheriff has enhanced those videos and run those plates, if visible, and knows that none of those vehicles contained an old Hispanic woman with bushy eyebrows and a younger Hispanic woman with thin eyebrows.

3. Promotion
Cameron Gamble is the Redding-based private kidnap consultant and negotiator (or whatever he's labeling himself on his promotional tour) who served as the middleman between the anonymous donor, Keith Papini, and the unidentified kidnappers.

Gamble was reportedly brought into the case by a good friend of the Papinis for whom Sherri used to babysit (Lisa Jeter). He rubs me (and apparently the sheriff) way wrong.

According to the sheriff and to Gamble himself, nobody took him up on his Facebook video ransom offer nor his reward offer -- there was no communication between the alleged kidnappers and Gamble at all. Still, Gamble is using this alleged abduction and release as a success story to promote his methods and services. He says they 'made history' on Sherri's case and the model can possibly be tweaked to help families across the country and around the world.

You can watch a simulation video that Gamble made of a blonde woman being held captive (made to promote his Project TAKEN services, connected to the supernatural Bethel Church) prior to Sherri's disappearance here, about halfway down the article: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-li...02cad8aac3

And, this channel 7 news interview with him and Lisa Jeter after Sherri's release is just pure advertising based on correlation supposition, in my opinion. http://m.onenewspage.com.au/video/201612...Return.htm

Anyway, it's a really weird case, to me. I hope LE can get some solid evidence as to what happened to Sherri Papini, who was behind it, and why. So far, it does not appear they've been able to get anything of much value from Sherri herself.
(12-03-2016, 01:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 12:08 PM)Duchess Wrote: [quote='HairOfTheDog' pid='443118' dateline='1480776487']
Here's the ABC 2020 case episode which aired last night.

I am not convinced that Sherri Papini went for a jog on Nov 2nd and happened to be abducted and held by 2 Hispanic females for 3 weeks either.

It's possible that happened, but based on what's known now, it's up in the air for me.

A few things that make me scratch my head...

1. Discovered Missing:
Why didn't Keith Papini try to call or text his wife when he came home on November 2nd and she and the kids weren't there to give him the routine 'snuggles'? Every time he tells the story, he claims he immediately accessed his 'find this phone' app to track down his wife's location and go retrieve her. He found her phone a mile up the road right by their mail box, but no Sherri (and no signs of a struggle).

I wish an interviewer would ask him that question. If he says he did call/text her first and just hasn't mentioned it before, fair enough. That's easily verified by phone records. If he didn't try to call or text her first, that's really odd to me.

2. Vehicle/Suspect ID
According to the sheriff, Sherri Papini was shown video of the several dark SUVs which were near the abduction site at the time (it's still not been directly confirmed if she was allegedly abducted at the mailbox where her phone was found or at the house). None were a match. I suspect the sheriff has enhanced those videos and run those plates, if visible, and knows that none of those vehicles contained an old Hispanic woman with bushy eyebrows and a younger Hispanic woman with thin eyebrows.

3. Promotion
Cameron Gamble is the Redding-based private kidnap consultant and negotiator (or whatever he's labeling himself on his promotional tour) who served as the middleman between the anonymous donor, Keith Papini, and the unidentified kidnappers.

Gamble was reportedly brought into the case by a good friend of the Papinis for whom Sherri used to babysit (Lisa Jeter). He rubs me (and apparently the sheriff) way wrong.

According to the sheriff and to Gamble himself, nobody took him up on his Facebook video ransom offer nor his reward offer -- there was no communication between the alleged kidnappers and Gamble at all. Still, Gamble is using this alleged abduction and release as a success story for to promote his methods and services. He says they 'made history' on Sherri's case and the model can possibly be tweaked to help families across the country and around the world.

You can watch a simulation video that Gamble made of a blonde woman being held captive (made to promote his Project TAKEN services, connected to the supernatural Bethel Church) prior to Sherri's disappearance here, about halfway down the article: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-li...02cad8aac3

And, this channel 7 news interview with him and Lisa Jeter after Sherri's release is just pure advertising based on correlation supposition, in my opinion. http://m.onenewspage.com.au/video/201612...Return.htm

Anyway, it's a really weird case, to me. I hope LE can get some solid evidence as to what happened to Sherri Papini, who was behind it, and why. So far, it does not appear they've been able to get anything of much value from Sherri herself.
[ /quote]

BBH added this and the quote thingy didn't work....
I agree.....after watching program last evening, I just felt something was very "off." It made no sense to me. I kept imagining how badly I am going to feel when they find her abductors and I am feeling this was staged in some way....

After watching it, I wanted to call or email you all to see what you thought...something not right, here......you know that LE have looked at their financial situation. It is difficult to believe someone could need this much attention, but certainly possible...and the self proclaimed hostage negotiator is very suspicious.
I hope you don't feel bad for questioning things that don't currently add up, no matter what we (hopefully) eventually learn happened, blueberry.

You're not bashing anyone or insisting this was staged or anything. And, it's clear from your posts that you feel for crime victims, even the ones that get way less attention and exposure than the Papinis.

We don't know what the heck happened in this case......and, as far as I'm concerned, there's no harm in asking logical questions, positing theories, and respectfully speculating or expressing opinions/feeling about any case in the Crime Forum.

Sherri Papini may have been abducted mid day by a pair of Hispanic women who she never got a good look at and who gave her no indication as to their motive before releasing her three weeks later on Thanksgiving.

Keith Papini may have tried to call/text his wife before trying trying to track her down on Nov. 2 and that just hasn't been stated explicitly.

LE may know a lot more than they're letting on this time. Sherri Papini may know a lot more than she's letting LE know at this time too.

Both Papinis may be real victims here while others connected to the case may have staged some things.

Gamble could just be a weird self-promoter who tried to help and now wants to try to cash in on it.

Or, there could be a hoax in play that involves one or both of the Papinis and Gamble.

Lots of unanswered questions and missing pieces on this one. I really like reading your take on things and everyone's opinions.
This is a good piece on Cameron Gamble, the self-professed hostage negotiator from the supernatural Bethel Church in Redding.

He's shady as shit alright.

It won't surprise me if he played a part in the disappearance of Sherri Papini. I'm sure LE is looking into him.

Snip:

The only thing almost as mysterious as Sherri Papini’s disappearance was the hostage negotiator supposedly retained by an anonymous donor to find her.

Papini, a 34-year-old California mother of two disappeared during a November 2 jog, setting off a national media firestorm. Pleas for her safe return went unanswered. Then Cameron Gamble entered the case. Gamble, a 30-something self-professed abduction expert, said he had the backing of an anonymous donor offering $50,000 in exchange for Papini’s safe return. Gamble described himself as a professional hostage negotiator, and the possible key to Papini’s release.

But Gamble is no expert. Instead, his resume suggests an obscure self-defense coach, who appears to have inserted himself in a woman’s disappearance to parlay it into fame and fortune.

Full story: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ction.html