Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a pick up line?
When a guy says he hasn't had a girlfriend in a year. (or they give some time frame ranging in 6 mo to a year or more).

How does this get told to me so often? Am I the, "I haven't had a date in a long time, I'll try her out"

So, my other question for you then is if you haven't dated in a long time-who is your first person you seek out and why? (I am almost scared to ask)
Not sure if I am being fed a line or if I am truly always the first person they've been with or dated in a long time.
WTF is up with that?
Clearly you are attracting the socially responsible kind of men who are very much in touch with their sensitive and emotional side, who are highly selective and don't just throw themselves cheaply into the crowds. Or as we call them, Geeks.

See it a bit like someone giving you their CV. He's been out of a job since a year. Now it's your job to look at him and decide "Well, poor thing is stuck in an unfortunate economical situation but got all the education and necessary criteria, plus being hot as fuck!" or "Fucking hell, who would hire this guy anyway?!"

Easy no?
(11-10-2016, 02:16 AM)Love Child Wrote: When a guy says he hasn't had a girlfriend in a year. (or they give some time frame ranging in 6 mo to a year or more).

How does this get told to me so often? Am I the, "I haven't had a date in a long time, I'll try her out"

So, my other question for you then is if you haven't dated in a long time-who is your first person you seek out and why? (I am almost scared to ask)
Not sure if I am being fed a line or if I am truly always the first person they've been with or dated in a long time.
WTF is up with that?
It's not a pick up line.
(11-10-2016, 05:50 AM)Mohammed Wrote: Clearly you are attracting the socially responsible kind of men who are very much in touch with their sensitive and emotional side, who are highly selective and don't just throw themselves cheaply into the crowds. Or as we call them, Geeks.

See it a bit like someone giving you their CV. He's been out of a job since a year. Now it's your job to look at him and decide "Well, poor thing is stuck in an unfortunate economical situation but got all the education and necessary criteria, plus being hot as fuck!" or "Fucking hell, who would hire this guy anyway?!"

Easy no?

: )
Well this most recent person has chosen not to date for a year, so even better!
Except I was temporarily blinded by the abs and lost sight of the fact that he did most of the talking and asked me very little questions about myself. Which also happens to me quite often. It is only when I go away and play back the conversation in my head and realize these things.
In fact the ONLY question he asked me about myself was if I have a roommate!!! And he wants to hang out tonight.
This place is so akward for "dating" or any activity of the such. There is very little privacy here, the walls are paper thin and there are no locks on doors.
Places where people could go to hook up are buildings that are closed down for the winter and very cold.
So I mostly avoid the dating thing while I am up here. But occasionaly one comes along......

See now I have done all the talking. I see how that works. Thanks Mohammed!

P.S. I don't really want a hook up at all. I've had enough of that, I want to settle down. Maybe that will be my pick up line! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Love Child, why did I think you were married?
I was married at one time in my life, but not since I have been here.
He's telling you stuff like that so you will pity fuck him.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Haven't dated in a year is either bullshit, or something weird about the guy. This is somewhat dependent on age, generally older guys may not date as much as younger guys.
So yea its a pickup line, its a bit of info designed to get your attention, even if it is true
I think I'd ask: "Have you at least had a fuck buddy?".

What I'd really like to say is . . .
(11-10-2016, 01:14 PM)Love Child Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 05:50 AM)Mohammed Wrote: Clearly you are attracting the socially responsible kind of men who are very much in touch with their sensitive and emotional side, who are highly selective and don't just throw themselves cheaply into the crowds. Or as we call them, Geeks.

Easy no?

: )
Well this most recent person has chosen not to date for a year, so even better!
Except I was temporarily blinded by the abs and lost sight of the fact that he did most of the talking and asked me very little questions about myself. Which also happens to me quite often. It is only when I go away and play back the conversation in my head and realize these things.
In fact the ONLY question he asked me about myself was if I have a roommate!!! And he wants to hang out tonight.
This place is so akward for "dating" or any activity of the such. There is very little privacy here, the walls are paper thin and there are no locks on doors.
Places where people could go to hook up are buildings that are closed down for the winter and very cold.
So I mostly avoid the dating thing while I am up here. But occasionaly one comes along......

See now I have done all the talking. I see how that works. Thanks Mohammed!

P.S. I don't really want a hook up at all. I've had enough of that, I want to settle down. Maybe that will be my pick up line! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I always think about settling down but then I think about the freedom of the single life and how I can pretty much do what I want, when I want. Or maybe I'm just trying to distract myself from my lonely life. who knows? I try not to dwell on it.
Well I am not actively looking for someone to settle down with, but I am also not actively participating in flings. (for the most part/there was that one time this year, yay me.) Still I wish it were a relationship.
(11-10-2016, 02:16 AM)Love Child Wrote: When a guy says he hasn't had a girlfriend in a year. (or they give some time frame ranging in 6 mo to a year or more).

WTF is up with that?

I wish I could offer you some wisdom but I sucked at dating and was rarely asked. I've been told I'm unapproachable :(
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-11-2016, 07:07 AM)Duchess Wrote:

WTF is up with that?

I wish I could offer you some wisdom but I sucked at dating and was rarely asked. I've been told I'm unapproachable :(

Welcome to the club.:(
(11-11-2016, 07:07 AM)Duchess Wrote:

WTF is up with that?

I've always approached the unapproachable ladies. It's been my experience that they are generally quite approachable and want to be approached. The worst thing that could happen is she says no and that's not all that bad.
Do you like him sexually? If so I'd just fuck him and see what happens.You're always so concerned about everything, just stop it for fucks sake, fuck his brains out nobody cares.
Ride that disco stick like a girl that just got out of prison!
Can't really give much advice as I've been married for far too dang long.

But maybe that means that you're so freaking hot they're willing to break their singleness for you.
(11-15-2016, 11:56 AM)IroningBroad Wrote: But maybe that means that you're so freaking hot they're willing to break their singleness for you.

QFT
(11-13-2016, 11:37 PM)sally Wrote: Do you like him sexually? If so I'd just fuck him and see what happens.You're always so concerned about everything, just stop it for fucks sake, fuck his brains out nobody cares.

I have done that. I could absolutely do that. I am trying to do the slower thing and have a relationship. I am being picky, he was too much of a complainer.
(11-11-2016, 07:07 AM)Duchess Wrote: I wish I could offer you some wisdom but I sucked at dating and was rarely asked. I've been told I'm unapproachable :([/i][/size]

It would be fun to go to a bar with you and just watch. But I think those days are long over for me. Do people even do that anymore? I am sure it is all online nowdays.

The project is coming to a close, most are getting ready to go home or to go to another project, what do they have to loose at this point?
Another one is asking me to hang out if we are out at the same time, at least he asks me how I am, but he is supposedly married, not divorced yet-don't want to go there.
Yes Sally I am being picky.