Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thanksgiving preparation thread

Happy Thanksgiving, Mockers. I hope y'all have a great day surrounded by those you care the most about.

I'm thankful for all of you. When I count my blessings, you all are included. 99
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Have a wonderful day with your family and friends Duchess.

I'm thankful for you and everyone in this Mock community you make possible.

[Image: Thanksgiving-Images.jpg]

I got everything ready last night and just need to stick the turkey in the oven at noon, and make another batch of deviled eggs (I ate six of them last night '\ ).
Darn.........I didn't see this and started another love fest in another thread. Oops
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
An elderly couple is sitting in the kitchen one morning, having their usual quiet Thanksgiving. She in her old, thin nightgown... he in his robe. As usual, he's holding up the paper, checking the scores.

She is feeling wistful, thinking of the old days when their love was young.

"Arthur", she finally says, "do you still find me attractive?"

Without moving his paper, he says, "Yeah... sure, Martha."

"But Arthur," she says, "am I still sexy to you?"

From behind the paper he says, "Yeah, yeah... you're still sexy."

"But Arthur!", she says, "You barely look at me anymore!"

He puts down his paper and looks across the table. "Martha!", he says earnestly, "I love you so much. You are ravishing! ...the most wonderful, sexy woman on earth! I couldn't live without you!"

"Oh, Arthur!", she says, "When you talk that way to me, I can feel my nipples get hot!"

He picks up his paper again and says, "Well, they should be hot. One's in your Gravy and the other's in your Yams."
(11-23-2017, 07:06 PM)BigMark Wrote: An elderly couple is sitting in the kitchen one morning, having their usual quiet Thanksgiving. She in her old, thin nightgown... he in his robe. As usual, he's holding up the paper, checking the scores.

She is feeling wistful, thinking of the old days when their love was young.

"Arthur", she finally says, "do you still find me attractive?"

Without moving his paper, he says, "Yeah... sure, Martha."

"But Arthur," she says, "am I still sexy to you?"

From behind the paper he says, "Yeah, yeah... you're still sexy."

"But Arthur!", she says, "You barely look at me anymore!"

He puts down his paper and looks across the table. "Martha!", he says earnestly, "I love you so much. You are ravishing! ...the most wonderful, sexy woman on earth! I couldn't live without you!"

"Oh, Arthur!", she says, "When you talk that way to me, I can feel my nipples get hot!"

He picks up his paper again and says, "Well, they should be hot. One's in your Gravy and the other's in your Yams."

hah
(11-23-2017, 06:04 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving, Mockers. I hope y'all have a great day surrounded by those you care the most about.

I'm thankful for all of you. When I count my blessings, you all are included. 99

I was surrounded by most of the people I care about anyway. Dad was feeling too sick and/or depressed to join us for Thanksgiving. We brought him some leftovers home though.

And one brother is in North Carolina. And my other older brother is in some silly feud/estrangement from the family.

But over all I had a good time with my oldest brother, my youngest brother, my nephews, my sister in law and her sister. Watching football, drinking beer.

Nice simple meal of Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn, peas, pearl onions, with pecan pie ala mode for dessert. Pigs in a blanket appetizers.

So I was given a job to do yesterday, cover a ham with pineapple slices and then cover it with foil. What could possibly go wrong. After the ham was baked & the foil removed it looked like the ham had gangrene because the only toothpicks I could find to use were some left over from last holiday season, they were green. I didn't think anything of it! It was like all the color had seeped out of them onto the ham, it went down the sides and into the ham as far as the toothpick went.

There's a chance I might not be asked to participate again.
(11-24-2017, 06:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:

So I was given a job to do yesterday, cover a ham with pineapple slices and then cover it with foil. What could possibly go wrong. After the ham was baked & the foil removed it looked like the ham had gangrene because the only toothpicks I could find to use were some left over from last holiday season, they were green. I didn't think anything of it! It was like all the color had seeped out of them onto the ham, it went down the sides and into the ham as far as the toothpick went.

There's a chance I might not be asked to participate again.

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Likely story, you knew what you were doing all a long, your plan worked didn't it! Smiley_emoticons_fies
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(11-23-2017, 07:06 PM)BigMark Wrote: He picks up his paper again and says, "Well, they should be hot. One's in your Gravy and the other's in your Yams."

The leftovers are looking better than usual.
(11-24-2017, 08:21 PM)Carsman Wrote: Likely story, you knew what you were doing all a long, your plan worked didn't it! Smiley_emoticons_fies

Heh. I know it looks bad but it wasn't intentional.
I'm bumping your thread, Maggot, it's time.

I had forgotten I used colored toothpicks in the ham. It was a lot more funny now than it was then.
I'm going for a smaller turkey this year maybe 16lbs
You can nail the pineapples in the ham with whole cloves. Thats the way I've always seen it done.
I don't think my brother Jim and his wife are doing Thanksgiving dinner this year, so I'll probably watch the Macy parade with my brother Ed and eat at a buffet or something.
I'm not feeling the whole turkey mess this year. I think I'd rather make a bunch of appetizers that everyone can snack on all day. Plus it's my decision anyhow since I'm the one that cooks it all every year.
Well he's better than my kid's grandpa, that guy is lame as fuck. He brought us a 50 lb bag of basmati rice last Christmas. God only knows where he got it from.
Crap..................now I have to bring my present back.
(11-16-2020, 11:00 PM)BigMark Wrote:

Is this a joke? I didn't watch the whole thing, but I watched until he had his meal in front of him. I feel bad for people who are alone during the holidays. I know. I know. I can't stand myself.  84
Call me crazy, but I like the Hungry Man turkey dinner once every 10 years.