Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Powerful Do You Think You Are
To determine the answer, follow instructions below:

The instructions are these: “Hold up the index finger of your dominant hand and draw a capital E on your forehead. Do this as quickly as possible, without stopping to think.”

I’ll wait.

(It Is Impossible to Stop Comparing Yourself to Your Peers)

Now, consider the E you drew. If you’d had a marker and had actually drawn the letter on your forehead, would someone looking at your face see a regular E or a backward one?

Experts theorize that the former means you are more other-focused — that is, more easily able to see the world from another person’s perspective —

While the latter, drawn from your own vantage point, implies that you are more self-focused. And this, ties back to your perception of your own power.

The exercise is taken from a study two psychologists once did with New York University. Which was designed to determine whether powerful people are as adept at seeing things from another person’s perspective as the less powerful.

In an experiment, the researchers first either primed their participants to feel powerful, or not, and then asked them to take on this little E quiz.

Their results showed people who felt powerful were about three times as likely to draw the backward E compared to those who’d been made to feel less powerful.

And this suggests that “power makes people more focused on their own unique vantage point and oblivious to the perspective of others.”

So are you powerful?

(I am)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I drew a regular E, I think that just means I'm not retarded.
It would be like if you were going to write something from inside your car on the windshield, wouldn't you write it going the opposite way so they could read it from the outside?
(12-10-2016, 09:35 AM)sally Wrote: I drew a regular E, I think that just means I'm not retarded.

Same here
I popped an E. So much more fun.
Can't we just have a some E harmony around here?